• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stanley Cup Finals Mafia Game - Sharks win the Cup!

Thats why you either vote for someone that obviously is not in contention or save your vote.

Thats why you either vote for someone that obviously is not in contention or save your vote.

To the former part why? I understand the latter.

If I wanted people to know I was silenced then I would do the former like BYM did, but I figured people would likely notice I wasn't posting at some point.

If I wanted people to know I was silenced then I would do the former like BYM did, but I figured people would likely notice I wasn't posting at some point.

If you vote early, obviously you can't change your vote later as the game changes throughout the round. So if you vote for someone who won't be a lynch candidate, your vote won't affect any late round switches.

On one hand, I'm okay with being killed N1 as a vanilla but man, I gotta stop making myself appear as a special. I die N1 more than often as a civ (except for the last few times when I was actually a special)

when you are silenced can you save the vote til the end? or do you have to post early?

There aren't any timing restrictions that I've ever seen - just that you can only post a vote. Can't do anything crazy like **************************************rommy************************************* and usually can't do all caps either. Just a plain jane vote.

If you are in any danger of being lynched its good to make your vote stupid and obvious by voting for a clear, or the clearest person you can. If you vote for someone else then you are stuck there - like damo was stuck on boston in the last round.

Honestly, I didn't even think about saving my vote. It was my first time being silenced. Everyone else voted quickly, so I did too.

If I'm not at risk of getting lynched I try to hold my vote until someone mentions me by name, then vote, to try and draw more attention to it. Its surprising how often no one notices when the first person is silenced in a game.

And if you do, you run the risk of people asking how you knew that (the gooner situation).

Well there's a difference between the people that know you were silenced and the people that were asking. damo did a good job of seeming like someone who didn't know someone was silenced while inquiring about it, though he might have been too good because I think he did it three different times. Not his fault though.

more show titles:

Gouda's Conceit
Another Breadstick, sir?
The Wrong Chatzy
Damo Shits the Bed Part 7
DV7 Dreams of Being President, World Ends
Wherefore PH?
The Babydick Bye Bye (I guess Numbers is taking a break?)

If HBO came out with the show "Toogs", I would watch every episode

Well there's a difference between the people that know you were silenced and the people that were asking. damo did a good job of seeming like someone who didn't know someone was silenced while inquiring about it, though he might have been too good because I think he did it three different times. Not his fault though.

Sure, but I wasn't on the team who had the silence and figured it out by reading the thread.

Back