• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State Hires Mark Gottfried...

I've already explained my reasoning from the increase from his freshman year to the subsequent years. And that's fine if you disagree. Increasing his rebounds from when he averaged 20 minutes a game as an out of shape, poorly conditioned freshman to when he played 32 a game is impressive, but not mind boggling, and, to me, can't really be used to reflect Big E being coached up, which is, again, what the point of the post was.

If he had averaged 30 minutes his freshman year with 4.1 rebounds and 30 minutes his senior year with 8.9 rebounds, then I might be inclined to concede the point.

If you can't -- or refuse to -- see that my argument has at least some merit and is at least somewhat logical, then that's on you. I think I've explained myself pretty clearly about the effect I believe our staff's work with our big men had or did not have.

Anyway, shit's still just a rumor at this point...so, back to Gottfried.

El Chupacabra, tu estas loco, hombre.

This is something for which I can acknowledge I have no argument. I am crazy, perhaps even on this, but I stand by my original point outside of going in depth on Big E, who I loved as a player and who made great strides as a player, which I definitely had no intention questioning.

I am still not shitting myself at the thought of Dino being an assistant at State because of any work he might do with the big men.

:werd:

When is he scheduled to complete his online degree?

Holy Hell, look at this quote Debbie Yow just said at the presser:

"I don't have a reputation in college basketball, I have a reputation for not getting along with Gary Williams, who has tried to sabotage this search."

SHOTS.FIRED.

"I don't have a reputation in college basketball, I have a reputation for not getting along with Gary Williams, who has tried to sabotage this search."

SHOTS.FIRED.

Did she really say that? Guess she's feeling the heat from this hire already. Stupid bitch.

I'd laugh about this hire if we weren't stuck with Buzz for the foreseeable future.

I thought that I would be envious of NC State's hire, but I am not. They hired their version of Buzz. However he is easier to accept- 61% winning percentage, 5 NCAA appearances and an Elite Eight. Sure, he left under suspicious circumstance, but he stayed at a program long enough to judge his abilities, which is more than you can say about Buzz.

The sad fact is that we make fun of State for delusions of grandeur and they still end up with someone better than us. Our LOWF version of Gottfreid is worse. Don't laugh too loud.

link??? or did you hear it on the radio/tv?

DY just mentioned in the presser that the names Gottfried has mentioned for his staff blew her mind- said that NCSU would end up with a top notch staff.

SHOTS.FIRED.

I cannot believe she actually said this in public with microphones in front of her. Good Lord. That is worse than anything Wellman said this year. Yes dv7, including the "couldn't be happier" line

"Either did not read my post, or completely misread it and offers patronizing response of no substance."

rotflmao

Back