• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

But this whole situation clearly played into our 3 game slide, which I think will cost us our tourney bid because I don't see us beating UNC.
Monsanto quitting on the team clearly played into the ND loss in which he played and the team led at halftime?
It clearly played into the game at VT that they came out shooting 9-10 from 3 and jumped out to 15 pt lead?
The only game that seems that his situation clearly could have impacted was the one when he took his plaque and went home for good just before they were about to tip off a Q1 game.

I think we should move on from the Monsanto situation and try to salvage this season. Wish him well…let’s get to the NCAA tournament! Another 12 guys, and an entire fan base, want to be there!

I think we should move on from the Monsanto situation and try to salvage this season. Wish him well…let’s get to the NCAA tournament! Another 12 guys, and an entire fan base, want to be there!
Agree, but it is down to 11.

Since he appears to be already forgotten in most threads (because we rightly have more important things to focus on), I have given up on trying to get any real info on why Damari has apparently quit on this team. From what Forbes said it sounded like he was skipping practice because he said he was hurt and got benched as a result, and has now fully quit. I assume he'll be going into the portal at the earliest opportunity. Now knowing any of the reason behind this, I place some of the blame (and the blame for just terrible explanations thus far) on Forbes. I am FAR from wanting him fired. Missing the NIT would be fireable in the absence of extenuating circumstances. But this whole situation clearly played into our 3 game slide, which I think will cost us our tourney bid because I don't see us beating UNC.
Forbes doesn't owe you, or us, or anybody really (ETA: John Currie and his lieutenants are owed an explanation, but I'm sure they know the situation quite well. end ETA), an explanation of whatever has caused this situation with Monsanto.

As a general rule, at least IMO, a coach shouldn't air their team's dirty laundry in public because that would make the other people in the team feel like coach doesn't have their players' back. So I recommend that you get over your apparent entitlement to know what is going on (which is misguided btw) and just support the players that are out there. Leave that behind the scenes bullshit... behind the scenes for those directly involved in the program.

Also, the red font that I put into your post is just an amazing sentence from a person. Like, what? Because I'm assuming you meant to type "not" and not "now" at the beginning of that sentence so the end of it is just so bizarre. "Yo! I don't know anything about this situation or the reasons behind it, but I place some of the blame on this mother fucker right here! ...for no apparent reason."

Last edited:
I am old, but glad people got the reference! Made me 😊

Thank you all for the chuckle

I am old, but glad people got the reference! Made me 😊

Thank you all for the chuckle
Was there ever any doubt?

Did you think we were a bunch of 15 year olds that haven't seen cinema in the before CGI times yet? haha

Back