• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

So you’d rather make the ncaa tournament than the NIT? Duly noted.
I remember back in the "a tournament" days, there was a real discussion about this.

Monsanto quitting on the team clearly played into the ND loss in which he played and the team led at halftime?
It clearly played into the game at VT that they came out shooting 9-10 from 3 and jumped out to 15 pt lead?
The only game that seems that his situation clearly could have impacted was the one when he took his plaque and went home for good just before they were about to tip off a Q1 game.
I am not really into theories about what Monsanto did or didn't cause. I also have no real take on what happened with Monsanto in terms of whose fault it was. I am also not trying to call you or anyone else out with this post. You mentioned Monsanto, the ND game, and its halftime, so...

Monsanto got ND stirred up right as halftime started by jawing at their bench after the buzzer. The ND bench - and head coach specifically - were NOT happy about whatever Monsanto was up to. The rest of our team and coaches appeared to be confused about what was happening. It's been weird to see a bunch of Monsanto talk go down on this board without anyone (that I saw) mention this moment. They showed it on TV before the second half started because they thought it was notable, and I find it hard to disagree.

To me, that is a, if not the, critical moment for Monsanto/Forbes and/or Monsanto/Team. It may have also contributed to some extra juice for ND in the second half.

The NCAA tournament has 68 teams. Any of them can win it, theoretically. The play in games are a bummer but still offer a path to win it. So I don’t get the “play in doesn’t count” argument. Win tomorrow and we should get in by any reasonable measure.

Re Monsanto, I was working while watching today’s game so I may have missed it but I was very puzzled why the announcers didn’t reference Monsanto’s absence at all. I’m not sure he was mentioned during the Clemson broadcast either. It’s like he just vanished.

-1 CP for DePaul failing to eliminate Nova
-12 CP for Clemson clemsoning to BC

The NCAA tournament has 68 teams. Any of them can win it, theoretically. The play in games are a bummer but still offer a path to win it. So I don’t get the “play in doesn’t count” argument. Win tomorrow and we should get in by any reasonable measure.
The play-in games are played before completed brackets are even due. They don't count in bracket selection. If you win, your real first game is still Thurs/Fri.

Yeah…in the context of our chances for getting into the NCAA tournament, the discounting of Dayton seems to be a particularly harsh type of doomposting, but you all do you

no. The NCAA tournament has 64 teams. 8 teams have the opportunity to qualify for the final 4 spots

Yeah…in the context of our chances for getting into the NCAA tournament, the discounting of Dayton seems to be a particularly harsh type of doomposting, but you all do you
Dayton was used as a pathetic excuse to keep/extend Manning, so hopefully nobody is stupid enough to fall for that bullshit again. If we were to get to Dayton and win, then yes congrats on making the tournament. If we make it to Dayton and lose, then no it doesn't count. Nobody missed out on a first round bracket point by us losing, and we did not make the tournament.

Dayton was used as a pathetic excuse to keep/extend Manning, so hopefully nobody is stupid enough to fall for that bullshit again. If we were to get to Dayton and win, then yes congrats on making the tournament. If we make it to Dayton and lose, then no it doesn't count. Nobody missed out on a first round bracket point by us losing, and we did not make the tournament.
sure...so don't say "we didn't make the tournament" as we're flying to Dayton

I'm gonna laugh when we win the ACCT and still get put in Dayton.

Heads here will explode.

Back