• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Lots of variables though. How many of those are P5 coaches. What was the buyout for each coach. And most of all, how much does the handling of coaches in the 80s and 90s have to do with today.

It’s definitely possible that he’s shown the door after next season, but there’s just way too much up in the air. We don’t know how much Currie is wed to his own hire and his decision to double down on that hire with an extension.

Forbes could be here awhile.
Yes, if the fans take it laying down.

I wouldn’t care at all. He can shit the bed for the next 5 years i would still take this week.
For real. Keatts just won State a championship. Wake hasn’t won one of those in 28 years (NIT 24 years ago excluded). We’re hardly in a position to shit on their achievement.

State being in this shit over us might make me an anti-Forbes radicalist. Call it shallow but my limit is seeing everyone but us get their slice of the pie.
Bless your heart if you think this is just a Forbes problem.

Bless your heart if you think this is just a Forbes problem.
I know I'm overreacting and part of this is just fueled by the vitriol I hold for State but something has to change here pretty soon somewhere if we can't figure something out. I don't want to sit playing second fiddle in the shadows to the rest of our rivals. We have the talent (and I think we're by far a more talented team than State) but we can't get a single damn thing to give.

I try to not let emotions get in the way of thinking for sports and all and I'll probably feel better in the morning, but yeesh. It's been a consistent theme that we've hade the pieces to the puzzle but can't ever put them together for whatever reason with Forbes correlation/causation or not. I love the guy, I love the energy he's given the program, and I'm content with him as the coach for now. I don't know if and I don't think that it's mainly his fault, but something has gotta change one way or another if we keep failing to put the pieces together

Last edited:
Just remember that Patrick Ewing won 5 games in 5 days to win the big east tourney so let’s not start doing going overboard just yet about what a great coach Keatts is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember that Patrick Ewing won 5 games in 5 days to win the big east tourney so let’s not start doing going overboard just yet about what a great coach Keatts is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was 4 in 4.

Keatts has often been cited on this board as an example of why we shouldn’t be content to wait another year because he took State to the tourney year one. Now he’s got an ACCT from the hot seat. Interesting arc for that guy.

Keatts has often been cited on this board as an example of why we shouldn’t be content to wait another year because he took State to the tourney year one. Now he’s got an ACCT from the hot seat. Interesting arc for that guy.

And a two year contract extension as well.

Forbes is here a while due to the extension. Obviously a tough year given his family situation. Nobody could have foreseen that. Bobi, Efton, Damari, on the other hand - no excuses. Injuries and departures happen and you have to game out those scenarios and have a backup plan. Yet we seem to have no depth. Need to make the tourney next year.

Maybe posted elsewhere, but of interest this week: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach

You really think 5 days of a supernova shows us all we need to know about a coach

OK then

It’s very dumb. He’s 63-68 overall in the ACC. Never won an NCAA tournament game. They were 4-16 two seasons ago. He’s an extremely middle of the road coach. Unfortunately Forbes hasn’t yet proved that he can exceed that resume, now including the miracle conference tournament run.

Back