• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stratts, how long would it take for a wellman out billboard?

In for another 2 grand for a "Ron Wellman will you please go now?" billboard. I don't give a shit how it will be received. Given the current lack of interest in our program from prospective coaches and fans alike, how could a billboard do any more harm? Wellman is surrounded by yes men. He doesn't answer non- AD planted questions from the fan base. The only avenues left for retribution are public embarrassment and convincing the powers that be that Ron Wellman is the biggest impediment to the success of Wake Will.

In for another 2 grand for a "Ron Wellman will you please go now?" billboard. I don't give a shit how it will be received. Given the current lack of interest in our program from prospective coaches and fans alike, how could a billboard do any more harm? Wellman is surrounded by yes men. He doesn't answer non- AD planted questions from the fan base. The only avenues left for retribution are public embarrassment and convincing the powers that be that Ron Wellman is the biggest impediment to the success of Wake Will.

You know 2 grand is a little more than enough for a billboard, right? You could just put it up yourself and just cut out the middle-man.

read: obligatory "please don't do that, this is a terrible idea"

An anti-Wellman board, regardless of intentions, will only be interpreted as anti-Clawson and anti-Manning. We are stuck with Wellman for, what, 24 months? Let it go. He's not getting the axe.
Make a Welcome Clawson/Manning/Go Deacs billboard. It's time to pull together.

You think now is the right time to publicly embarrass the guy who is hiring out next head coach?

RSF- I'm lazy and aloof. By the way you did a bang up job on the first one.

Creamy- He has already hired the next coach. If you don't know what you're doing despite weeks of knowing what has to be done, don't run your fucking mouth about a "home run hire" and then have your underlings trot out the "bad fans made the job appear toxic to outsiders" bullshit when you can't lock down a top tier coach.

Last edited:
South Georgia...got the fuck out of Winston after too many years in school there. Those old fucks in the AD/BOT/DC laugh over chump change like 4K. Its one of many reasons why they are so out of touch.

Last edited:
A billboard now just makes the Wake fanbase look like a bunch of crazy lunatics and validates the Friedlander's of the world.

tumblr_lrfiyg2J7A1r0toreo1_500.jpg

I dig the hashtags. The Wake of a New Era sounds like we've already started to mourn. Might as well get excited about a new era after four years of utter assclownery from both of our revenue sports.

"The Wake of a New Era" is indeed a negative expression, seeing as how a wake is either the trail of a waterborne vessel or a post-funeral event. Perhaps "The Dawn of a New Era", or "A-Wake to a New Era" is what you were after.

Anyone opposed to "The Reawakening"?

Back