• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Summer Jobs (any ideas???)

lulz at the homestar runner/strongbad tag as well

Poopsmith.png

judge-smails-movie-quotes-caddyshack-demotivational-poster-1268177140.jpg

I had the same problem too. I'm doing an unpaid position and wanted to get a paying job too. Pain in the ass

Stuck on the unemployment list too, very sucky

Work construction two months and see just how tough (mentally and physically) you are. If you survive, you will be in the greatest shape of your life.

Good luck finding work. I have people who've been working construction all their lives who are constantly laid off in the past few years.

Good luck finding work. I have people who've been working construction all their lives who are constantly laid off in the past few years.

True to an extent but the summer jobs are a little different in that you are doing the very least skilled work ever rather than the more skilled work lifetime workers do. Carrying stuff around etc can be way easier to find than framing which can be easier than brick laying. I guess my point is that the entry level can be easier to find than skilled.

Try apartment complexes that rent mainly to students. They do a majority of their "turns" in June and July for August move-ins. It might be cleaning, painting, etc but its worth a shot.

True to an extent but the summer jobs are a little different in that you are doing the very least skilled work ever rather than the more skilled work lifetime workers do. Carrying stuff around etc can be way easier to find than framing which can be easier than brick laying. I guess my point is that the entry level can be easier to find than skilled.

Sadly, skilled workers are now doing the most basic jobs. It's really disheartening.

judge-smails-movie-quotes-caddyshack-demotivational-poster-1268177140.jpg

I had the same problem too. I'm doing an unpaid position and wanted to get a paying job too. Pain in the ass

Damnit. Posted before reading the entire thread. Well done Island.

Sadly, skilled workers are now doing the most basic jobs. It's really disheartening.

yeah they're fucking up my grind. its wild going to ice cream joints and seeing adults old enough to have kids in college

Wow, $200,000 in education and no job prospects. Better get it together quick.

You are a complete idiot. On top of the fact that I'm pretty sure he went to App State, to blame a college student for being unable to find a job in this economy is ridiculous. I'm sure there are no UNCC grads who are out of work. Riight.

False. There is a market for low-skilled, day laborer positions. Positions where if you drop out, they will find your replacement through a temp agency the next day. Ride around to any job site and you will see them in action. And I'm not talking about guys with 30 yrs experience running a back hoe or laying foundations.

False. There is a market for low-skilled, day laborer positions. Positions where if you drop out, they will find your replacement through a temp agency the next day. Ride around to any job site and you will see them in action. And I'm not talking about guys with 30 yrs experience running a back hoe or laying foundations.

True. And this is all over the country. I work for the biggest construction union in the country. I know what I'm talking about for unionized and non-unionized firms. I attend seminars on these topics monthly and receive frequent reports for areas throughout the country.

True. And this is all over the country. I work for the biggest construction union in the country. I know what I'm talking about for unionized and non-unionized firms. I attend seminars on these topics monthly and receive frequent reports for areas throughout the country.

You familiar with Multi-Employer Property Trust?

Back