• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SWISH (Important)

SWISH

• Total voters

bmoneydeac

Butts - Jessica Biel's in particular
Reaction score
What best describes your experience with it?

Half-day kindergarten through twelfth grade PSF at Mt. Trailor in WS/FC, and I've never heard of this SWISH mess. Or, perhaps I have repressed those memories.

Spoiler:

I went to school in a rural area of NC where a lot of kids got their water from wells instead of fluoridated city water. Swish was a foul-tasting mouthwash us farm kids were forced to do on a monthly (IIRC) basis to get a dose of fluoride. Teacher would have a giant squirt bottle of sickly green liquid, we'd all get a little dixie cup with our dose, then we'd have to swish it around in our mouths for a whole minute, trying not to gag, until authorized to spit it back into the cup. Parents could sign a waiver to get you out of it. My parents not only made me do SWISH, they also fed me fluoride tablets, with the result that I now have slightly discolored teeth from over-fluoridation. Thanks, Mom.

Maybe it was a rural thing, or it got phased out by the time the #MILLENIALBULLSHIT riff raff really got going?

I remember doing it in elementary school but not sure how many grades.

I'm Wake Co. PSF and had never heard of this.
J is Forsyth and Buncomb Co. PSF and did it.

I remember doing this in Kindergarten, First and Second Grades in Cumberland and Rowan Counties. Not something we looked forward to.

Yeah, I think that anybody who knows what this is probably went to a backwoods Deliverance style school. Congrats on getting out and learning how to use a computer.

Spoiler:

I went to school in a rural area of NC where a lot of kids got their water from wells instead of fluoridated city water. Swish was a foul-tasting mouthwash us farm kids were forced to do on a monthly (IIRC) basis to get a dose of fluoride. Teacher would have a giant squirt bottle of sickly green liquid, we'd all get a little dixie cup with our dose, then we'd have to swish it around in our mouths for a whole minute, trying not to gag, until authorized to spit it back into the cup. Parents could sign a waiver to get you out of it. My parents not only made me do SWISH, they also fed me fluoride tablets, with the result that I now have slightly discolored teeth from over-fluoridation. Thanks, Mom.

this makes the most sense, i figured most people lived in places with fluoridated city water

Yeah, I think that anybody who knows what this is probably went to a backwoods Deliverance style school. Congrats on getting out and learning how to use a computer.

Props to Wake Forest for giving me those schollies and rescuing me from my backwoods existence.

Hm we did it I think once every week or two in my elementary school (but I wanna say only for maybe 1st-2nd grade?), and the majority of my school defs was drinking fluoridated city water, so I'm not sure it was limited to just the total country areas.

Myers Park dudes

taylor-swift-man-im-pretty-awesome-manifesto.gif

Back