• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SWISH (Important)

SWISH

• Total voters
Forsyth County - Lewisville Elementary, Hanes Middle, West Forsyth High class of 1996. I wouldn't consider Lewisville backwoods, but I guess to some it could be back in the 80's when I was in elementary school.

Forsyth County - Lewisville Elementary, Hanes Middle, West Forsyth High class of 1996. I wouldn't consider Lewisville backwoods, but I guess to some it could be back in the 80's when I was in elementary school.

WesTDs !!!!

Spoiler:

I went to school in a rural area of NC where a lot of kids got their water from wells instead of fluoridated city water. Swish was a foul-tasting mouthwash us farm kids were forced to do on a monthly (IIRC) basis to get a dose of fluoride. Teacher would have a giant squirt bottle of sickly green liquid, we'd all get a little dixie cup with our dose, then we'd have to swish it around in our mouths for a whole minute, trying not to gag, until authorized to spit it back into the cup. Parents could sign a waiver to get you out of it. My parents not only made me do SWISH, they also fed me fluoride tablets, with the result that I now have slightly discolored teeth from over-fluoridation. Thanks, Mom.

I def had to do this too, at least in Caldwell County. I am not sure if we did it after moving to Wake County.

Last edited:
Definitely had it in Wake Co. in the early 80s. Didn't help - my dentist recently asked me if I grew up in the country on a well based upon the condition of my teeth.

What's the point of having kids use Fluoride on teeth that are going to fall out? Seems like this would be more important once the permanent teeth started to come in.

Nah, man, I went to East Wake HS. I am pure salt of the earth. Just like my boy Sean Allen.

It's hard to argue with that. Several of my baseball teammates were like jr volunteer firefighters.

It's okay. My wife has some Wendell heritage. But she was able to escape and attend Broughton. I wish your offspring well.

When I was there, East Wake was an interesting mix of suburban subdivision-living kids from Knightdale, country whites from Wendell, and black kids from Zebulon. Now I think it's mostly Hispanic. Good times.

Back