• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Heels vacate 2008 & 2009 football wins

3 scholarships for 3 years and no postseason ban? Don't think the NCAA will be satisfied and will take on some additional penalties post-hearing.

Ha ha! They're not willing to give up their annual trip to the Tire Bowl I take it.

but, but, but we didn't do anything wrong! This is all a conspiracy! Bring back Butch Davis!

Vacating wins means nothing unless you have to return bowl money or if your coach is the alltime leader. I would vacate 5 seasons worth not to have to lose any ships. 3 ships won't cripple them too bad either. I know at FSU, it only meant a couple of our walkons would not be earning ships after 2 or 3 years of hard work. Not to mention there is so much talent in FL, that it really didn't matter.

These self-imposed penalties are an affront to the NCAA. They seem to suppose that this should be sufficient to appease for the wrongs done. The NCAA ought to hit them even harder for thinking that this is adequate punishment!!

Now returning bowl and TV revenues plus the loss of 8 scholarships...that would be closer to the truth.

How many people had to sit out for them last year again? Thats how many ships they should lose the next 3 years.

So the university itself recognized they were going to lose schollies despite what the crazies on IC said. I'm going over there now to lurk a bit.

Still delusional over there. Just not to the degree that they once were.

As cute of an attempt as this is to avoid more severe punishment by the NCAA, cutting 3 scholarships and vacating wins (mediocre ones at that) after the fact is not going to cut it.

So when does Swofford hold his closed door meeting with all of the other AD's in the conference to beg them to extend their punishment past what the school and the NCAA have imposed?

Oh...that's right. He's too busy right now. Guess that'll be his excuse.

As cute of an attempt as this is to avoid more severe punishment by the NCAA, cutting 3 scholarships and vacating wins (mediocre ones at that) after the fact is not going to cut it.

I sure hope not. Talk about the most painless punishment possible...

So when does Swofford hold his closed door meeting with all of the other AD's in the conference to beg them to extend their punishment past what the school and the NCAA have imposed?

Oh...that's right. He's too busy right now. Guess that'll be his excuse.

The Clemson aspect to this is the wild card out there that I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Back