• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

"scope" /skōp/

noun: scope; plural noun: scopes

1. the extent of the area or subject matter that something deals with or to which it is relevant.

I don't think you really want to argue about scope. The Wainstein report was intentionally limited by UNC. Wainstein saw issues in other areas and offered UNC a discount to do a more thorough investigation not limited to single department UNC wanted to look at. UNC declined the opportunity to investigate outside of AFAM. So, what was that scope argument again?

That is easily your best post to date. Certainly, your most relevant.

Easily no chance in hell he wrote that.

Like Skins and 90% of posters, I immediately skipped jhmd's wordy post. When Tobacco Road quoted, replied and applauded jhmd's post, I looked at it again, surprised that jhmd may have made a good point. However, 2 sentences in I remembered it was Tobacco Road's post from another thread, so ONW was right.

Reactions: ONW
Easily no chance in hell he wrote that.

He didn't type that.

Signed,
MTE4MDAzNDEwNzg5ODI4MTEw.jpg

Reactions: ONW
That's a strong 1st post for someone that has been registered 4 years.

Somehow, I missed that post. I must have been on vacation or something. I posrepped it, thus possibly giving it the record of longest spread between posreps for a single post.

You make posreps just like anybody else, except when you do it, you make rep records.

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F2KzuJZ.jpg

Wufwuf1 wrote: The Yellow area is "basketball". The blanks are "BB" The last sentence.. is very important. "This School" is not referring to UNC, it is referring to the "school" of the original class in question. Many have assumed they were talking about Crowder. No, this is referring to a class in another "school" other than AFAM. One where they are involved, but not quite as willing to totally flush their integrity. Note that she said "as some". She didn't say "as AFAM". This email totally endorses the scenario in Wilingham's Cheated book.

This quote has recently become newsworthy thanks to Dan Kane for a very interesting reason. There is no legal reason why "basketball", "Men's BB" or "BB" should be redacted from that e-mail. There are no privacy concerns. Dan is making a case -- a very strong one -- that UNC is redacting information not for any privacy concerns, but to specifically keep Men's Basketball and, in particular, Dean Smith out of this mess.

What has not been stressed by any of the investigations is that Crowder was best friends with Burgess McSwain. And I mean best friends. . .as in McSwain left her something in her will when she passed kind of besties. Who is Burgess McSwain, you ask? She was Wayne Walden's predecessor. She was the one person in charge of Academic Support for the Men's Basketball Team until her retirement. UNC has painted Crowder's motivations as being somewhat benign, i.e. she was trying to help all of the disadvantaged at the University with no special treatment to athletes. No chance she was trying to help her buddy Burgess out, right? Right?

Back