• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes NOA from the NCAA

Lots of information posted on that account turned out to be true. If it's a hoax it was a very well-prepared one. Which is certainly possible.

So, an hour or so after I post the dude's info he outs himself as a hoax? Ain't life fucking grand.

NoA out.

No mention of mens basketball or football. Very few changes from original. Women's basketball basically falling on the sword and I expect them to get absolutely destroyed by NCAA. Department is still hit with LOIC. They replaced the primary impermissible benefit allegations with a failure to monitor academic support.

That's what I got out of a quick read.

So wait, they are going to completely skate on this (other than WBB and WSoccer)?? Wow.

lol at anyone who thought mbb was gonna get hammered.

From PackPride:

roy-williams-dancing.gif

My immediate reaction was that the amended NOA is good news for UNC. The old NOA had two major charges: impermissible benefits and LOIC. Now impermissible benefits (which had been the surprise in the first NOA) is gone. Also the LOIC no longer specifically refers to football and men's basketball.

Curiously the NOA itself shrunk from 59 pages to 12 pages. It seems like UNC won some kind of appeal without a hearing or even filing a written response to the original NOA. Good lawyers????

Does it replace the original NOA or supplement it?

Does it replace the original NOA or supplement it?

Appears to replace it. I did not think that the NCAA would remove any allegations without a hearing. I can't wait to hear the explanation of the process that led to the impermissible benefits allegation being removed.

Also this doesn't mean that football and basketball are in the clear, but it is favorable for those two programs since the specific mention had appeared to set the stage for penalties.

Just saw on Twitter that they changed the date of the fake classes from 2002 to Fall 2005 - which would mean the 2005 basketball championship is safe. Smh

Back