• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Four-Bye-Week-Takeaways/a7ad9d7e-4ce8-4ff6-9806-40425f0843fd

1. THE PLAN FOR KUECHLY'S RETURN: Head coach Ron Rivera doesn't foresee Luke Kuechly playing 100 percent of the snaps in his first game back from a concussion, but he sounds fairly confident that Kuechly will play more than zero percent of the snaps when the Panthers return to action Week 6 at Seattle.

Rivera is hopeful that Kuechly will see an independent neurologist before the Panthers return to the practice field Tuesday and that the star linebacker will be cleared to return from a Week 1 concussion.

"We'll see how it goes with the independent. If that's cleared up, he'll be on the practice field," Rivera said.

As for Kuechly's role against the Seahawks should he play?

"I wouldn't say 100 percent (of the snaps) just because of the conditioning aspect. He's only been able to do so much. But his mental grasp of the game is still sharp."

Just judging from the looks of the injury, it appeared to me in my un-medical opinion to be severe. I think any recurrence of symptoms, which includes headache, resets the testing back to zero. So if someone were already predisposed to headaches, I could see it taking a while to get out of the protocol.

Just judging from the looks of the injury, it appeared to me in my un-medical opinion to be severe. I think any recurrence of symptoms, which includes headache, resets the testing back to zero. So if someone were already predisposed to headaches, I could see it taking a while to get out of the protocol.

Yeah, something like this it's important to get right. Much rather they sit him than risk him as he's too valuable to the franchise long term. Need 110% certainty of recovery.

We had a chance to deal Seattle a crippling blow last year with their 4th loss before the halfway mark and let them off the hook. Let's not make the same mistake again

Luke still not officially out of concussion protocol

I'm not trying to scare you, but there are some rumors to that degree floating arouns

I can't find said rumors online, but I do think it's odd that there is no news after the doctors appointment this afternoon.

Just trolls on Carolina huddle

But I'll be worried until he's officially cleared

Coming back from a career ending injury. Unheard of until Luuuuuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back