• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, is there an efficiency stat for ratio of 3rd downs to 1st downs? I would think that a consistently successful offense would be more predictive than # of big plays.

There's an NFL stat called the Toxic Differential that is supposed to be an indicator of team balance and strength. It adds your turnover margin to your big play differential. Any passing play that is 25+ yards and any rushing play that is 10+ yards is deemed a big play.

So the Panthers have played a weak schedule and haven't exactly dominated in point differential (currently 7th in NFL). But they have absolutely dominated the toxic differential, leading by a fair amount in both turnover margin and big play differential.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/toxic-differential/2015/

r1xwsl.jpg

That looks like the absolutely perfect way to combine some numbers to reflect mediocrity. So Jacksonville wins that #advancedstat.

Some rumblings that Luke isn't going to be back anytime soon

Hope it's bull crap

I heard yesterday that he was doing well and likely to return next week.

Yeah, didn't Ron say that he was on "the last page" of protocol? Honestly if he's out after the bye he should probably retire.

Man, it's just really tough to decide if the Panthers would take the hypothetical "Watt for Newton" trade :rolleyes:

One of my podcasts said the longer that Luke is out the worse it'll be and could be something that can cost him a season

One of my podcasts said the longer that Luke is out the worse it'll be and could be something that can cost him a season

Rivera indicated this at a press conference when he said he wasn't sure if Luke would be back this season. Part of me believes Luke is done with football.

It was such a fluke play on such an awkward tackle.

where is all of this doom and gloom coming from? the observer article from today was optimistic, ron was optimistic, luke was optimistic, he hadn't met with the doctor yet this week, they expect him to do so before tuesday and expect him to practice tuesday.

is this all from the carolina huddle mouth breathers?

I suppose he could easily lie, but he said yesterday that he was close to returning.

Just saw Luke out on Providence Road licking utility poles and dodging traffic in nothing but a curly blonde wig and a kilt. He seemed okay though.

Reactions: Ayo
Grantland NFL podcast?

Probably. They were speaking in generalities so doesn't really mean anything in Luke's case, but it's just been strange that the story has seemingly been each week since he went out "oh he might play" and then doesn't. Maybe the media isn't doing a crappy job of reporting it, which shouldn't shock anyone.

As of yesterday:

By this time next week, the Carolina Panthers expect middle linebacker Luke Kuechly will be back on the practice field with a helmet.

Kuechly still has to meet the independent neurologist and pass his final concussion test, but those around the team are hopeful that the All-Pro linebacker will be back in time to play against Seattle.

“I’m close,” Kuechly told a reporter Wednesday after practice.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article38135358.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back