• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll defend Hurney in the sense that Big Cat really screwed him with his handling of the pre- and post-lockout. JR was uber cheap going into 2010 in case the '11 season didn't happen, and then once it did he got mad that people (rightly) called him cheap and ordered a mass spending spree that resulted in a lot of the bad contracts.

Now, Hurney could've spent that money better, but it wasn't an ideal situation. And Gettleman is the GOAT

Last edited:
Hurney was like a woman with a good eye for home decor. Sure she finds some great stuff, but holy SHIT it's expensive as hell. Gettleman remembers that you don't need Ralph Lauren linens in your kids room.

Didn't Kiper say he would quit his job if Clausen wasn't a star? Funny story, I met Kiper as a kid while we were at the ESPN zone and eating right outside where he did his radio show. He let me come in the booth during a break and we talked about the panthers picking Gamble that year.

That makes me feel really old -- you referring to us picking Gamble when you were a kid

Who wants this aviator?

2e746ab847521b0375f352dc0eb0dd6a.jpg

I've decided that this year's Panthers team is the NFL equivalent of The Mighty Ducks.

Tolbert = Goldberg
Luke & TD = The Bash Bros.
Cam = Charlie Conway

Devin Funchess = Connie
Ted Ginn = Ken Wu
Brenton Bersin = Adam Banks

Last edited:
The 2015 Panthers: Bring on the Broncos.

Norman = Averman or Julie "The Cat"

So this is what Super Bowl team fans do before Super Bowl week.

Sports radio on a tear this morning. Up here guys talking about how Cam is creating a race controversy and "nobody has been talking about his race except for him." Obviously they've been unable to step outside their Patriots bubble for the past four months and realize that there are other storylines in the NFL beyond "Goodell is out to get us," "OMG WHEN WILL EDELMAN RETURN," and "NFL ISN'T TREATING PEYTON LIKE THEY DID BRADY IT'S A CONSPIRACY." But to say and I quote "I hope Cam Newton isn't becoming Lebron James because comments like this are step one" (wut?) and "Cam Newton is the Kaitlyn Jenner of the NFL. Not only can you not talk bad about him but you have to heap praise upon him at all times" is just ridiculous. I wish we were playing the Pats in the Super Bowl so we could destroy these clowns and Cam could dab all over the New England media. What a bunch of morons.

Sports radio on a tear this morning. Up here guys talking about how Cam is creating a race controversy and "nobody has been talking about his race except for him." Obviously they've been unable to step outside their Patriots bubble for the past four months and realize that there are other storylines in the NFL beyond "Goodell is out to get us," "OMG WHEN WILL EDELMAN RETURN," and "NFL ISN'T TREATING PEYTON LIKE THEY DID BRADY IT'S A CONSPIRACY." But to say and I quote "I hope Cam Newton isn't becoming Lebron James because comments like this are step one" (wut?) and "Cam Newton is the Kaitlyn Jenner of the NFL. Not only can you not talk bad about him but you have to heap praise upon him at all times" is just ridiculous. I wish we were playing the Pats in the Super Bowl so we could destroy these clowns and Cam could dab all over the New England media. What a bunch of morons.
Is this sports radio hosts or callers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back