• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... SB MVP Prop Bets. Some interesting fun money stuff to play with.

MVP: Thomas Davis +40,000 - while extremely unlikely, a low scoring game where he has say a Pick or two (or pick six) and a few sacks, I could see him being a longshot with a great story - broken arm, man of the year, 3 ACLs, etc. Epic bet if the improbable happens.

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=rVMcXQdFgrc&u

This sneaky got me in the feels

Checking to see if this works. The original link didn't work for me.

That's awesome.

The 2015 Panthers: Bring on the Broncos.

cam luke k and Greg o. showed up at my friends kids elementary last week no media just chillin ....special team

They obvs kept out all the kids that showed up in other team jerseys like wake or unc or gamecock or Elon or raiders or Cowboys or uncw and etc

Yeah, I'm wondering how they got everyone into a Panthers jersey.

There have to be some poor kids who didn't have gear, so they either made the rich parents buy clothes for the poor kids, which some of the proud families wouldn't like, or they told the kid to wear the jersey as a costume and give it back after the video, which I doubt the kids liked. CMS lists the school as 5.9% economically disadvantaged.

This is a Kroger joke not a HT joke...
c43de99300cbd1b81edd249f09e2e4e8.jpg

download-61.png

JNo bringing the wood. Fuck Rodney Harrison.

I had a dream we won the SB by four TDs. We were playing the Pats in my dream. The only sour note was that Shaq blew out Gronk's knees when we were up big in the third quarter and it became THE story for Nantz and Sims.

The Panthers Are The Most Unapologetically Black Team In NFL History

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ry-cam-newton-dab_us_56a9003ee4b0947efb663272

The culture of football is such that a league made up of mostly black men is supposed to comply with certain standards created and enforced by mostly white men. Ideally, the players would act subdued in public, celebrate their achievements quietly and speak in a manner that avoids the spotlight.
The Carolina Panthers haven't done any of that this season. On the way to a 15-1 regular season record and the team's first Super Bowl appearance since 2004, the team has had fun and has been fun to watch.
They have talked loudly, danced loudly and celebrated loudly. But they've done something significant along the way, too: The Panthers have embraced, demonstrated and exuded aspects of their blackness in a way that few predominately black teams have done in the past.
They have been wonderfully, unapologetically, proudly black.

A lot of credit should be given to Panthers head coach Ron Rivera for empowering the players to be themselves. The only Latino coach in the league, Rivera knows what it means to stand out. But rather than trying to regulate these players, he has created an environment that makes players like Cam Newton and cornerback Josh Norman able to fully express themselves.
"Keep your personality," he has told his team.
Rivera has seen improvement in his team's performance since he gave them full freedom to be themselves. It wasn't always that way. Rivera admitted last year that at one point he tried to get Norman, in particular, to "fall in line too much."
"He lost that personality and the bravado as to who he is," he said.
When Rivera eventually let Norman be Norman, he began his ascent to becoming one of the top corners in the league. "They let me go," Norman said. "They let me be free, and all this started."
Nowadays, Norman's enthusiasm and charisma is regularly viewable, as when he was interviewed by ESPN's Ed Werder after the NFC Championship Game. If that occasionally annoys the opposing team, that's fine with Rivera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back