• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The cupboard is hardly "bare"

Go on a Tinder date with some Emo chick. We are talking football here.

This guy sides with Northeastern Face chicks and Lectro.

The fact that you haven't put a gun in you mouth and pulled trigger is somewhat surprising.

The problem is not that the cupboard is completely bare. The problem is we have some large gaping holes in some key positions. We're very likely going to be forced into starting a true freshman at quarterback. There are so many holes to fill that if Clawson can produce a winning season in his first year it will be very impressive.

Please elaborate. Specific positions.

Yeahhhh maybe spend more time selling grill tools over the Internet and less time drinking.

Yeahhhh maybe spend more time selling grill tools over the Internet and less time drinking.

Says the guy who pays for his girlfriend's attention. If you could tell me the difference between y'all's relationship and the movie Pretty Women, I'd appreciate it.

Richard Gere got to bang Julia Roberts in her prime?

Lectro, do you think they banged? I do. They were in a LOT of movies together.

Says the guy who pays for his girlfriend's attention. If you could tell me the difference between y'all's relationship and the movie Pretty Women, I'd appreciate it.

Aww what's the matter nobody is impressed by your 8th fucking "career" in the last 18 months?

And major lol @ brashly talking shit about women when he catches feelings for every girl that will talk to him for more than 5 minutes.

Lectro, what are your thoughts on WRS and Brasky? Who's the bigger slut? They're both three stars with lots of slut potential, imo.

Aww what's the matter nobody is impressed by your 8th fucking "career" in the last 18 months?

Bro I'm a monster flake, and I own up to it. That's why I talk about it on the boards, because its cathartic and it really does help me realized when I'm just being full of shit.

You however have zero self-awareness and post things that makes most of us just feel bad for you. I can only assume your parents have a similar relationship to you and your future ex-wife, and that is how you rationalize it.

I am staying out of this fight but I will say that I'm glad we ruined another Lectro thread!

Please elaborate. Specific positions.

The positions I see of concern are: Quarterback, tailback, O-line spots vacated by Chase and Ford, Entire D-line, 2 or 3 of the linebacker positions depending on if we go to the 4 man front. I do think we'll be better in some of those spots than we think. With Harris, Banks, Looney, and Floyd I think we could be okay up front on defense, but not a lot of depth. If Donatel is able to return okay, that should help at LB after losing Olson and Jackson. Tailback is a big question mark with Martin and Wilhite's status being in question and Gibson still being unproven. As crazy as it sounds, I actually feel better about WR, than most positions even losing Camp. I think we've got enough young talent at WR, that with some good coaching, we'll be okay there.

I will say, I don't think the cupboard is bare either, but more of a question of do we have enough quality parts to build a competitive football team next year?

Last edited:
There will be no better place in America to start as a true freshman next year than WFU

The positions I see of concern are: Quarterback, tailback, O-line spots vacated by Chase and Ford, Entire D-line, 2 or 3 of the linebacker positions depending on if we go to the 4 man front. I do think we'll be better in some of those spots than we think. With Harris, Banks, Looney, and Floyd I think we could be okay up front on defense, but not a lot of depth. If Donatel is able to return okay, that should help at LB after losing Olson and Jackson. Tailback is a big question mark with Martin and Wilhite's status being in question and Gibson still being unproven. As crazy as it sounds, I actually feel better about WR, than most positions even losing Camp. I think we've got enough young talent at WR, that with some good coaching, we'll be okay there.

I will say, I don't think the cupboard is bare either, but more of a question of do we have enough quality parts to build a competitive football team next year?

I agree with you on your analysis, but I would put DL as our top concern because of numbers. Lewinson, Hauser, Harris at NG, Floyd, Banks, Looney and Garcia isn't a very deep unit and is terribly undersized. Is Garcia coming back or will he graduate and go. With the other units, at least we have bodies to throw out there.

Clawson mentioned WR was an issue at the conference call according to magic deac. I'm guessin since he has yet to see these guys practice than he is saying WR is an issue in terms of number of players.

He's probably seen game film. Does he have access to practice film?

We have 9 on the roster with 3 seniors. Maybe he wants to run 5 WR sets, or he's sending a message to some recruits that "we need you".

Back