• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

Ha, this last episode only furthers my point. They spun out a story unnecessarily. I will say at least they knew where they were going this time, but just not worth going there. To each his own, but my guess is you love that Bloodline has a third season.

2nd season was a major slog and was stupid to end on a cliffhanger. I kind of want to know what happens next, but I'd be just as happy to read about it on Wikipedia. That being said, since the wife and I don't do much anymore now that we have a baby, we'll probably watch it :noidea:

It is crazy how the show has gone from something I watched as a curiosity in season 1, to something I enjoyed a lot in season 2, to one of my all-time favorites in season 3.

Agree with this. One of my all time favorites. Great acting, great writing, and great music. I thought the finale was perfect.

Definitely a great, satisfying ending. I had no expectation of ever getting answers to "what happened?" so getting some resolution was a bonus.

Watched the finale tonight. It was good. I think I lean in the direction of Nora making her story up. But I guess there is no right answer... Like a lot of the show, it's ambiguous because that's not the point.

Big fan of the finale. I have to say, the acting in the last 4 episodes (Matt, Laurie, Kevin, Nora) was outstanding.

The wife and I just binged this show and both thoroughly enjoyed it. At times, it was just weird for the sake of being weird (e.g. the ferry episode), but for the most part, it was very well done. Three seasons was probably the perfect length for a high concept show like this - I hope some other shows take the cue (*cough* Man in the High Castle). The music was also incredible - Breaking Bad is probably the only other show in recent memory that used its score so well.

The wife and I just binged this show and both thoroughly enjoyed it. At times, it was just weird for the sake of being weird (e.g. the ferry episode), but for the most part, it was very well done. Three seasons was probably the perfect length for a high concept show like this - I hope some other shows take the cue (*cough* Man in the High Castle). The music was also incredible - Breaking Bad is probably the only other show in recent memory that used its score so well.

Concur in regard to score. At first, I really did not like the score for S3. After reflecting, how jarring it was comparatively to the other two seasons was appropriate.

Back