• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

You would probably be fine watching episodes 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 of the 1st season. Eps 3, 6 and 9 were really good. They've used POV episodes for this entire season based on the fact those were the best eps of the first season.

If it's over, there's at least a nice resolution, for the most part. If there's another season, it's set up nicely for a newly-sane and focused Kevin v. Meg showdown.

I kinda was expecting a much bigger move from the GR. Meg is all about that violence and no one gets hurt? Also why kill that guy from last week? Seems odd to kill him and then no one else.

I'm still early in the series, just finished s1e3 and feel compelled to comment. I sort of had to work my way through the first 2 episodes. They were fine, but at times could drag. Not the 3rd one though, that was like an hour of getting nut punched emotionally, yet not wanting it to stop. Now I've got the bug for this series. Minor complaint - at times I found Eccleston's accent off putting, in a "this is what Dr. Who would sound like affecting an American accent" kind of way.

3, 6 and 9 were easily the best of the first season. Some of the 1st season indeed kind of sucked.

Just got renewed for a third and final season. Great news, it was really questionable.

1). Yes! Another season.

2). Final season. Womp womp.

3). Definite end date on a short series could make for an awesome, packed final season.

Just finished s1. This is a hard show to binge watch. That's not because of quality, quite the opposite. It's so emotionally grueling I max out at 2 eps per day, even just one episode gets me freebasing Prozac.

I thought the first season was going to be a dues paying experience to get to the second, but it stood on its own to me. Carrie Coon has gone from someone I'd never heard of to one of my favorite actresses, even Justin Theroux impresses and I've always only thought of him as Johnny Generic McHandsome guy.

I'm sort of glad to hear there's only one more season to wrap things up. This gives Lindelof a chance to shed his reputation as "guy that doesn't wrap things up well". That doesn't mean answering the biggest questions, I'm quite content to not know what happened to the 2%, I'm just looking for a satisfactory stopping point.

the show got suuuuuuper Lindelof-y in the second season in a good way, though clearly self-indulgent about life and death and what's real and what isn't stuff

I agree the fact that there will only be 1 more season is definitely good news. The biggest downfall of televised storytelling is trying to stretch stuff out. Partly why anthology series are so hot right now.

I watched the finale last night. I feel like I really need to rewatch the season.

Wife and I finally had common time to watch season 2. What a fantastic show. I am glad that there is going to be only one more season.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to watch this weekly, or just wait to binge at the end. Probably the latter, unfortunately this isn't a series that's at the tip of pop culture's tongue, so it's not hard to avoid spoilers, unlike say, GoT.

Back