• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

Good finale but I feel like it was written for a show that didn't know if it was getting a second season.

Some cliffhangers but nothing insane.

I think he was a little more specific. He looked like he really wanted a black-asian baby.

i think he was asking for a fresh start, hence the baby. something like that.

He def wished for a family again. He's got one.

And Nora is the stud of the show, absolutely a breakout star. Yes she's def yummy but what an actress too.

I wish they explained in more detail why the son is estranged, maybe that's in season 2.

For a moment I thought the mom would convert back from being in the GR but she stayed true, although the whole "JILL!" thing was hypocritical.

Also, to BDZ my eternal critic, the SHERIFF DOES SEE AND IMAGINE THINGS. (bitch)

Bump for the new season, which I wasn't really excited for, but that first episode was super weird and cool.

How old were those naked teenagers supposed to be?

Definitely super weird and a pretty gross opening. I'm not even sure WTF is going on.

Same. The Damon Lindelofness of it doesn't draw me in like it may have once upon a time. I'll be a bandwagoner and if, after a full season, folks I trust (like most of you!) say it's good I'll check it out.

When this thread resurfaced, I saw I commented on it and wondered what I could have said about a series I haven't watched at all. It seems that after a full season and on into the second, the word is indeed "good" so I'm going to start watching it. I'm extra motivated after having recently found out the author lives in my 'hood.

The whole season has been really great and has set up the finale to be packed with plot movement. I just hope it has enough fans to convince HBO for another season.

It's kind of a bummer that people were so turned off by the first few episodes of the series to not continue with it, because it has only improved.

The 2nd season is one of the most improved seasons of any TV show I can recall. It's a totally different and better show.

The "Harvey" episode was ridiculous. Far closer to a Twilight zone episode than anything else. Actually felt like it was trying to answer a bunch of questions that were never actually proposed.

Is there any shortcut I can take to get to the good stuff in season 2 or do I need to plow through all of the first season? Of course I need to see the first ep, but can I skip some sequence in season 1? I'm betting the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway.

Back