• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Leftovers on HBO

Sepinwall was "floored" by the upcoming episode, so I'm expecting big things.

If you were less than impressed w/ the preacher's episode, you need to stop watching.

Best episodes so far have been the preacher episode and the Nora episode.

If you were less than impressed w/ the preacher's episode, you need to stop watching.

I definitely thought that was the best episode I have seen. Still pretty "meh" overall.

Agreed. Almost added that as #3 and was going to attach some images of her, but it appears she has never looked as hot as she has in the last 2 eps.

So in Sepinwall's latest review, I was confused about this footnote:

* The fridge scene also clarifies something I don't think the show made known previously: the Sudden Departure took place in 2011, so "The Leftovers" exists in the present day, which will still leave "Parks and Rec" as the only show taking place in 2017 when it returns. So much for my dream of a crossover where April joins the Guilty Remnant and Jerry and Nora commiserate over losing their entire families in one go.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...-the-dad-in-the-nighttime#CSDOMyZIfzvkwTv7.99

I am assuming the departure was in 2014, which makes it now 2017 in that show. P&R is taking place in 2017 after the time jump

Hopefully the next time Nora is naked the lighting is better. Shower scene would be nice.

Patti's outcome was so predictable, I like how they've made it clear that Patti = bad guy and Sheriff/Nora = good guys. Or at least that's how I see it.

Girl running to her mom when she needs her the most. Will be interesting to see how the town reacts to a teenager in white.

I am assuming the departure was in 2014, which makes it now 2017 in that show. P&R is taking place in 2017 after the time jump

Except the very first thing in the quote is :* The fridge scene also clarifies something I don't think the show made known previously: the Sudden Departure took place in 2011, so "The Leftovers" exists in the present day, which will still leave "Parks and Rec" as the only show taking place in 2017 when it returns. So much for my dream of a crossover where April joins the Guilty Remnant and Jerry and Nora commiserate over losing their entire families in one go.

So Departure in 2011, show is 3 years later, so current time.

No idea where the 2017 comes in.

ETA: Except he's saying that the Departure DIDN'T happen in 2014, so current time in the show ISN'T 2017, so P&R is the only show in 2017.

My confusion came from knowing nothing about P&R

Ok just watched last weeks episode.

So the guilty remnant are going to start killing each other off?

And what are they planning with the church?

I assume all the things they carried in wrapped up were the doll things....so they're going to dress them all and then sit them in the church?

Weird.

And did the friend bang the dad or was that just angry sarcasm?

New HBO drama - The Leftovers

I thought it was angry sarcasm, because of the line about doing it on a stack of guns.

Then again, it's entirely possible they did do it and the Dad doesn't remember.

Damn, that was pretty awesome. At first I thought it was a Kevin fantasy but it was actually October 13 then 14th of 2011.

Back