• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden...Is Screwed

JDawg

Reaction score
For the first time, the Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden tells his story — speaking not just about the raid and the three shots that changed history, but about the personal aftermath for himself and his family. And the startling failure of the United States government to help its most experienced and skilled warriors carry on with their lives.

http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313

Didn't he know when he signed up that it took 20 years to get the full ride? Cool that he shot bin Laden though, that guy was a total dick.

That said, it sucks. We need a single-payer system.

Good thing there are certain people in Congress that keep voting down bills meant to help our vets.

When we got to Nevada a few days later, where the team trained on another full-scale compound model, but this one crudely fashioned from shipping containers, we turned the corner, saw the helos we'd actually use, and I started laughing. I told the guys, "The odds just changed. There's a 90 percent chance we'll survive." They asked why. I said, "I didn't know they were sending us to war on a fucking Decepticon."

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313-3#ixzz2KcQzWVNO

This is cool:

This is hearsay, but I understand Obama said, Hell no. My guys are not surrendering. What do we need to rain hell on the Pakistani military? That was the one time in my life I was thinking, I am fucking voting for this guy. I had a picture of him lying in bed at night, thinking, You're not fucking with my guys. Like, he's thinking about us.

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313-3#ixzz2KcVMJjYM

I am one of the biggest military supporters around, but he left 4 years early on his retirement and would not agree to reserve duty. Thems the rules, whether you killed bin laden or drive a tank.

I am one of the biggest military supporters around, but he left 4 years early on his retirement and would not agree to reserve duty. Thems the rules, whether you killed bin laden or drive a tank.

Nope. Sorry. Just like how your life prospects are different if you have an NCSt agg degree, those sets of circumstances are totally different. This guy killed one of the biggest and most famous baddude in the world, and as a result, has to be annonymous for the rest of his life. The govt should have moved this guy to a desk and given him a pension and witness protection program equivalents.

They should at least given him and his team that $25 million reward.

During one raid, accompanied by two dogs, the Shooter says that he and his team wiped out "an entire spiderweb network." Villagers told Iraqi newspapers the next day that "Ninjas came with lions."

It is important to him to stress that no women or children were killed in that raid. He also insists that when it came to interrogation, repetitive questioning and leveraging fear was as aggressive as he'd go. "When we first started the war in Iraq, we were using Metallica music to soften people up before we interrogated them," the Shooter says. "Metallica got wind of this and they said, 'Hey, please don't use our music because we don't want to promote violence.' I thought, Dude, you have an album called Kill 'Em All.

"But we stopped using their music, and then a band called Demon Hunter got in touch and said, 'We're all about promoting what you do.' They sent us CDs and patches. I wore my Demon Hunter patch on every mission. I wore it when I blasted bin Laden."

Nope. Sorry. Just like how your life prospects are different if you have an NCSt agg degree, those sets of circumstances are totally different. This guy killed one of the biggest and most famous baddude in the world, and as a result, has to be annonymous for the rest of his life. The govt should have moved this guy to a desk and given him a pension and witness protection program equivalents.

Lot of people did their job to put him in the position to pull the trigger. I'm glad these guys are as dedicated as they are, and they should get a dumptruck full of medals. But at the same time, when you sign up, you know you need to put in 20 to get that pension. Everyone knows that. Should there be exceptions made for special ops? Thats another issue, but thats not what they signed up for.

I have not read the whole article, but what's odd is that almost no one leaves after 16 years. At that point you go for the 20.

Metallica is such a bunch of pussies.

Lot of people did their job to put him in the position to pull the trigger. I'm glad these guys are as dedicated as they are, and they should get a dumptruck full of medals. But at the same time, when you sign up, you know you need to put in 20 to get that pension. Everyone knows that. Should there be exceptions made for special ops? Thats another issue, but thats not what they signed up for.

I have not read the whole article, but what's odd is that almost no one leaves after 16 years. At that point you go for the 20.

Not everyone is special ops, and not everyone in special ops was on the bin laden mission, and not everyone on the bin laden mission is the guy that pulled the trigger. This guys role makes him a special case like no other. It should be treated as such.

Not everyone is special ops, and not everyone in special ops was on the bin laden mission, and not everyone on the bin laden mission is the guy that pulled the trigger. This guys role makes him a special case like no other. It should be treated as such.

This.

I hate when rules are followed for the sake of following rules. Use some discretion. There is nothing worse than people in a position of power and with the ability to apply discretion for an equitable resolution who fail to rub two brain cells together and apply the rule because... well that's what the rule says.

super pogue

Paws rep, I deserved that.

Torn on the issue of whether spec ops guys should get special perks post-service. On one hand, yes, they're badasses that went above and beyond. On the other hand, the military as a whole is kind of built on the idea of a service meritocracy for service's sake, with equal benefits for all, be them the ObL trigger puller or a tank driver. (Not that it's really working out for anyone right now, between the high young vet unemployment, downsizing force and insane suicide rates.)

Not that we're ever going back, but god damn, an all-volunteer force is such a bad thing for a democratic society.

Last edited:

So if the guy that cleared the hallway for him only does 18.5 years, he shouldn't get his pension but this guy should? There are plenty of guys who would have gladly put themselves in his position if given the opportunity. But they will have to do 20.

There should be an option to request that my extra Obamacare tax dollars go to pay these guys instead of genpop. Or hell, even the "would you like to donate an extra $3 on your return to go to pay retired special forces" instead of some BS political party.

So if the guy that cleared the hallway for him only does 18.5 years, he shouldn't get his pension but this guy should? There are plenty of guys who would have gladly put themselves in his position if given the opportunity. But they will have to do 20.

This.

Back