• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Nation saw how Duke wins Games

Yeah, nobody I was watching with saw it that way. They kept slowing down the moment that maybe Winslow's fingertip grazed the ball and it was incredibly close. If you weren't listening to the chuckleheads tell you he touched it and go straight by the video - definitely not an obvious overturn. I was hoping they'd overturn it, but never for a second thought they would based on the video.

Yeah, nobody I was watching with saw it that way. They kept slowing down the moment that maybe Winslow's fingertip grazed the ball and it was incredibly close. If you weren't listening to the chuckleheads tell you he touched it and go straight by the video - definitely not an obvious overturn. I was hoping they'd overturn it, but never for a second thought they would based on the video.

TIL DCDeac is blind.

Are you kidding!? It was absolutely irrefutable! His finger bent backwards. The spin of the ball changed direction. It was absolutely clear.

I recall the opposite, I saw it touch him from the very first replay, and then the announcers kept saying "well maybe he didn't touch it/maybe he did" until they finally got it slowed down on that one angle, but for most people who have the ability to see it was pretty obvious from the start.

Tell me again how obvious this is?

[video]https://vine.co/v/eB7n3XpuBB1[/video]

Does it appear to barely graze his finger when blown up and replayed in a 2 second loop? Sure. Is that the type of call replay is supposed to overturn? No.

I hate Duke as much as anyone but tried to watch this game impartially. I would say Duke got the balance of the calls in the second half but by no means did they get all the calls. And I would say Wisky got the balance of the calls in the first half. I mean Wisconsin never had a player in foul trouble.

Tyus Jones is just a feaking assassin - he had over half of Duke's points in the second half. And Grayson just went off when they most needed it. We are all going to hate that punk for a long time. Okafor played like crap and Cook never scored in the second half (he disclocated or broke his finger).

Y'all's Duke hatred is making you sound like a bunch of whiny UNC fans.

Tell me again how obvious this is?

[video]https://vine.co/v/eB7n3XpuBB1[/video]

Does it appear to barely graze his finger when blown up and replayed in a 2 second loop? Sure. Is that the type of call replay is supposed to overturn? No.

What the hell is this standard you keep trying to push? The replay is just supposed to get the call right. Otherwise what's the point?

You think a game that saw one team in the double bonus with 9 minutes to go, and the other having a foul to give with 20 seconds left, was consistently officiated?

DC, that's exactly the type of call they're supposed to overturn. There was clear evidence the officials missed the OOB call.

You think a game that saw one team in the double bonus with 9 minutes to go, and the other having a foul to give with 20 seconds left, was consistently officiated?

I said Duke got the balance of the calls in the second half. But, would you agree that they drove the ball to the basket more aggressively in the second half?

I said Duke got the balance of the calls in the second half. But, would you agree that they drove the ball to the basket more aggressively in the second half?

I thought Wisconsin started off trying to drive aggressively, but then realized they weren't getting any calls for it.

When you charge, you charge. Maybe guys will be less aggressive when that aggressiveness puts you in foul trouble. That Winslow no-call was just despicable.

What the hell is this standard, the replay is just supposed to get the call right. Otherwise what's the point?

This is why.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...-ncaa-basketball-games-into-marathon/7413263/

It's just refs looking at a 12 inch LCD for a minute double checking they didn't clearly miss a call. The last 2 minutes of a close game are resulting in free time outs as it is - and slowing the game down to a crawl.

Also, the standard is "indisputable evidence" from that 12 inch LCD screen in that minute they have to look at it.

Last edited:
When you charge, you charge. Maybe guys will be less aggressive when that aggressiveness puts you in foul trouble. That Winslow no-call was just despicable.

I agree that one drive by Winslow should have been a charge. Heck, even the true Duke fans in the room agreed on that one.
At the time I thought it was a make-up for a bad call against Duke on the other end - I don't remember which call that was now.

This is why.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...-ncaa-basketball-games-into-marathon/7413263/

It's just refs looking at a 12 inch LCD for a minute double checking they didn't clearly miss a call. The last 2 minutes of a close game are resulting in free time outs as it is - and slowing the game down to a crawl.

Well they clearly missed a call there. Send it up to a review crew with modern equipment if time is a concern, it took most of us without vision problems about 20 seconds to see that the ball went off Winslow tonight.

Did y'all think Tyus got fouled on that one late made three where the guy fought around the screen and clearly hit Tyus on the arm and Tyus fell down? Duke called a timeout and I thought the clock had stopped for the foul call - but they didn't call it.

Did y'all think Tyus got fouled on that one late made three where the guy fought around the screen and clearly hit Tyus on the arm and Tyus fell down? Duke called a timeout and I thought the clock had stopped for the foul call - but they didn't call it.

I thought that was both a moving screen violation and also a flop on tyus' part. That wasn't that late in the game though iirc.

Dukes defense seems to rely on the uncalled foul. I love watching a good defense, but the constant bumping and grabbing with no foul called was ridiculous. As the refs are hesitant to call these types of fouls, K just continues to push the envelope in the name of "good hard" defense. Seems to be a good tactic if you desire to win in the current environment. Pathetic but smart if the refs insistent on constantly swallowing the whistle. Not the style of play I enjoy watching but a winning style.

Back