• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Nation saw how Duke wins Games

I was kind of wondering about this. He obviously fouled him intentionally, but there was clearly no malicious intent. I would imagine this falls under a category like end game fouling where the fouls are intended, but not intentional fouls.

I think they've done away with intentional fouls and just use the NBA F1/F2 system, no?

im no K fan but he did the halftime interview in like half the duke games in the tournament

Was the ball probably out on Duke? Yes. Is "probably" irrefutable evidence? No.

duke definitely got the whistle last night. I do think Winslow got hacked pretty good right before the ball came loose on the fingertip play. However he should have fouled out two or three times prior to that.

And Tyus should have gotten an offensive foul for the Reggie Miller leg kick on the late three but that shit never gets called.

In my office of 65 employees, there's one Duke fan and one (guess who) Wake fan. The rest are about 40 Holes with a dozen or so NCS and a few ECU. Not a Dook fan and was pulling for Wisky, but I'm totally enjoying the somber tone amongst the Holes/Holettes this morning. This state is insufferable when the Holes win a 'ship; this Blue Devil "thing" (such as it is, at least where I live) will have died down by the first tee shot on Thursday at the Masters.

for the replay, the ball was clearly off duke but it took them a solid minute to find the right shot to show that. replays are supposed to be a relatively quick thing, if they cant find a clear cut angle in time they cant overturn it, thats what happened.

for the replay, the ball was clearly off duke but it took them a solid minute to find the right shot to show that. replays are supposed to be a relatively quick thing, if they cant find a clear cut angle in time they cant overturn it, thats what happened.

Not really, I mean it took the CBS broadcast all of 20 seconds to find that view. If that is something they can't see or is to hard of a camera angle to find then what is the point of replay at all? Why interrupt the game flow?

Also why are they looking at a 12 inch monitor. This isn't 1995 there is no legitimate reason they are using monitors so small. Hell my travel laptop screen is 14 inch.

All of them. NCAA rule.
So it doesn't make him some sort of saint because he did what was required of him.

Yup, I watched one of their early games with a friend that's a Duke fan and he was like "there's no chance he does that interview without it being required."

The officiating was bad over the weekend. I won't say it costs Wisconsin the game but in a close game a few calls can make a difference.

FWIW, I thought that should have been Duke ball watching the play last night. :noidea:

I think the bigger problem is not necessarily how the second half went in a vacuum, but instead how much it differed from the first half. That seems to be consistent from game one through the end of the season...refs make "adjustments" after half time or they try to "get control" of the game. It just ends up making games inconsistent messes. The game should be officiated one way from opening tip to final whistle, not completely different from half to half.

This state is insufferable when the Holes win a 'ship; this Blue Devil "thing" (such as it is, at least where I live) will have died down by the first tee shot on Thursday at the Masters.

This is accurate. UNC championships are much more difficult to swallow. Given the ACC's history of going back-to-back on titles and the fact UNC is bringing back its entire team, I'm already concerned about next season.

Didn't take the time to go through this entire thread. But "The nation saw how Duke wins games" is a worthless point. I wish it wasn't, but the only thing 99% of the nation (and key recruits) are going to remember is that Duke won the national championship.

Coach K will now just tell all the impressionable 16-17 yr old kids considering Wake that Duke has more national titles than wake has tournament appearances since 2010. lame

Back