• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ocean Course

Decided to play it from about 6,500 yards, which really plays about 200 yards longer since half the holes are directly into the wind. Was poised to break 80 but had some tough luck on 15, 17, and 18 and doubled all three holes, but should have eagled 16 (missed about a 6-footer on that hole). I'll take 82 any day of the week on that course, though. And whoever said it was right, 16/17/18 are a pretty awesome stretch of closing holes.

They had the rough at 2.5 inches for their "dry run"/competition going on this week (they said it is normally at about 1 inch, and some lies in there made it impossible to hit anything other than wedge out), and all the PGA markers out for where it will play 7,600 yards. I still have no idea how they are going to fit 25,000 spectators out there, nor how all those cars will get in on that one lane road each day. But I'm looking forward to going back to watch next year.

And the best part was, for all you Big Break fans (I didn't start watching until recently so I had no idea at the time), but my caddie was KMax from the Big Break Disney season! Really nice guy.

Very cool. Solid round.

Went there on the Saturday of the 2007 Sr. PGA with my now father-in-law. Stayed at #17 most of the day. Traffic is going to be nuts even if everyone comes in on shuttle buses. Thankfully I will be coming from the Seabrook side on the 2 days I am going.

Totally unrelated, I'm playing a pro-am tomorrow with a friend of mine (not a pro) who made his 3rd hole-in-one yesterday at a tournament in New Jersey.

It was at the 328 yard par 4 17th.

What makes it more odd is that of his 3 holes in one, 2 of them are on par 4's. His first ace was on a 285 yard par 4 with a 3 wood. Crazy.

Back