• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

Going to the Bank tmrw for Lee-Cingrani should I cheer for the Reds y/y?

It's the Phanatic's birthday! Find a kid to bring along and you can get some of these:

glasses_300x189.jpg

The TLR hiring is too funny, love the DBacks.

Colebert Michael Hamels was filthy last night. He even had an immaculate inning!

Victor Martinez has more homers than strikeouts this season. And he has hit .360 since July of last year.

The Diamondbacks are 2-0 and have a run differential of +13 since hiring Tony La Russa.

Cubs win their second series of the year - against the BrewCrew, go figure. Best thing about this season is Shark and Hammel should fetch solid deals at the deadline. And Rizzo and Castro are OPSing over .800, which is a good sign.

prospect Mookie Betts has started in CF two days in a row. Makes sense with the sox current 2nd base/OF situation.

I still love Jayson Werth.

Last year, former Nationals manager Davey Johnson was ushering him around the team's batting practice and introducing him to players. Among them was Werth, whom Bernanke described as a "big tall guy with hair down to his shoulders."

Johnson introduced Bernanke as the head of the Federal Reserve. Werth repeated the title, as if to make sure he had heard right.

Then, Bernanke recalled, "Jayson looks at me and says, 'Well, what's the deal with QE3 anyway?'"

Since then, whenever Werth sees Bernanke in the stands, he gives him a tip of the hat -- from one great beard to another.

Link

"i had to look up what existential crisis means" is still my favorite Werth quote

Back