• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

At this point, front offices with maybe a handful of exceptions are so universally sabermetrically-inclined that it's kinda pointless to try and figure out who is more analytical than the others. It's pretty ironic* that one of the most subjective things in baseball is figuring out who is doing their analytics best.

*pretty sure this is actual irony

I was a little giddy when I flipped to MLBN this morning and saw "Hot Stove" pop up on my guide. One of the best free agent classes in recent memory this winter, especially for SP. Hell, you might have both Cy Young winners (or at least both guys who finish top 2) move to different teams in the same offseason.

CS_gmb5W4AAE_IP.jpg

Hard to believe that Papelbon will be on the team next year, right? What a terrible move that was.

Dusty Baker and Jonathan Papelbon is a match made in heaven.

But then the Nats go out and hire Mike Maddux as their pitching coach!

Great in theory, except for the fact that the Nats don't pay their coaches the industry standard rate.

Except when they do... :tard:

Last edited:
yeah they have to say that to build any leverage in trade negotiations

Nats hire Davey Lopes as first base coach. Shoot, I love Davey Lopes. (I know it's weird to love a first base coach, but the Phillies stolen base % was over 80% every year he was in charge of the run game in Philly. And not by being conservative - they stole a lot.)

Nats hire Davey Lopes as first base coach. Shoot, I love Davey Lopes. (I know it's weird to love a first base coach, but the Phillies stolen base % was over 80% every year he was in charge of the run game in Philly. And not by being conservative - they stole a lot.)

Nats have Michael Taylor and then no one (assuming Desmond and Span sign elsewhere) that can steal bases.

Davey Lopes is 70. Hope that he can make it from the dugout to the coaching box.

Not really, unless I'm also weird. However, I'm sure Bowa still swears he was out by half a step.

Back