• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

The Phils are telling teams they want the absolute best offers for Hamels by tomorrow so they can decide if or where they will trade him.

He's a perfect fit - super sub, can start in right and sub around with Dyson, Rios and Orlando and backup Infante, Escobar

Aparently Nats and Phils are close on Pap but need to hammer out next year's option and his closer status for the Nats for him to wave his no trade.

If the Phils don't trade Hammel Philly might riot.

guerreri to aa. loving the aggressiveness of the new regime in promoting guys.

Wondering if the Nats will just guarantee Pap that he will finish 14 games so his 2016 salary kicks in just to get him to move - you can easily do that in blowout wins and losses and the occasional save. Or, I guess, maybe Pap is demanding the closer role so he can keep his value high for the 2017 contract.

Wondering if the Nats will just guarantee Pap that he will finish 14 games so his 2016 salary kicks in just to get him to move - you can easily do that in blowout wins and losses and the occasional save. Or, I guess, maybe Pap is demanding the closer role so he can keep his value high for the 2017 contract.

if there's a gm out there that values the saves higher than the flexibility to do what you're told, then i'd guess rube somehow managed to keep his job this offseason.

Last edited:
Apparently Papelbon had not showed up in Toronto yet. Hmmmmmmm

If we pick up most of his contract and his option for next year (as rumored) I hope to god we didn't give anything up.

If the Nats pick up most of his contract and his option for next year it is more likely that the Phillies gave something (in addition to Papelbon) up.

If the Nats pick up most of his contract and his option for next year it is more likely that the Phillies gave something (in addition to Papelbon) up.

Have to imagine Pap will demand that they pick up the option for next year and the hurdles left are how much the Phils pay. With the way the deadline is progressing, Kimbrel is being mentioned a bunch and not a lot of people are talking about the Pads sending any extra cash with him. Since the Cubs and Blue Jays both seem to be on the backburner, I'm thinking the Phils are just trying to unload the contract here instead of getting a great prospect, but I could be wrong. I have been a ton of times before.

Avalon....just looking at the numbers it looks like Papelbon is having a very very good year. True?

Avalon....just looking at the numbers it looks like Papelbon is having a very very good year. True?

Pretty much. His strike out % and velocity are down from his Red Sox days, but he's still managed to be effective, possibly due to heavier use of his slider. Not as good as Kimbrel or Chapman, obviously, but all he'll cost is money. (And tolerance.)

Back