• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

WTF? Good to know Ron Wellman isn't the worst AD in college sports.

63.9 through 400
2:08 through 800
2:40 through 1,000
4:18 through Mile
8:03 through 3,000-meters
10:45 through 4,000-meters
13:26 through 5,000-meters
16:07 through 6,000-meters
19:22 through 7,200-meters
21:32 through 8,000-meters
25:15 through 9,000-meters
26:44.36 through the finish line

Really incredible race. Do you think he's 100% clean? I know the drug testing has gotten a lot better, but hard to believe he is capable of running that kind of time without a little help

a more skeptical explanation (had to laugh even if it's ridiculous):
The kid is obviously on the centro sauce with a lil makhloufi mix topped off with some ramzi raisins

LMAO "glycoen storage" how about you all explain to me how a id who can barely break 4 couple years ago is able to run fresh as a daisy 1:57 last 800m and smile and slow up like he just el geurroujed the whole freakingtown LOL

Read more: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5833594#ixzz33ozScsaA

Even if he is on a little undetectable form of EPO, still absolutely incredible time. The whole Lance scandal as well as a few studies that have shown that it improves times by 3-5% has ruined my belief in the world records unfortunately, but I still hold out hope that Bekele was legit. Given that his times show pretty consistent improvement from age 17-22 and that he was from a rural farming town in Ethiopia.

Last edited:
We know most of Salazar's runners develop thyroid issues after they sign with him. Pretty sketchy IMO.

Running tip: if your dinner consists of wine, cheese and dessert, your morning run the next day probably won't be so great.

Running tip: if your dinner consists of wine, cheese and dessert, your morning run the next day probably won't be so great.

pssshhhhhh speak for yourself, amigo.

#bonkcity just finished one of the worst races I've ever run. Missed my goal by nearly a minute. Was about 30 seconds slower than last year in the same race. First time I've ever trained for a race and not PRed.

#bonkcity just finished one of the worst races I've ever run. Missed my goal by nearly a minute. Was about 30 seconds slower than last year in the same race. First time I've ever trained for a race and not PRed.

That sucks, dude. At least enjoy your day at the zoo. Eat a soft-serve for me.

Grats on the new PR and 3rd place finish, RTQ!

Congrats on the PR RTQ! Keep it up for Ultimate!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Here is how I look when I read about friends of mine hitting massive PRs in a half marathon that's almost all downhill.
ha8e6ede.jpg

Feeling a little better about my race now that the places are up. Still bonked harder than I should have, but came in 5th in my division. Top 10 in my age group. I'll take that. 42 out of about 500 overall. Had I hit my goal, I would have been 3rd in my division. #wakephan09iswatching

Speaking of PRs, just PR'd my sprint tri. My swim was atrocious but other than that, I had a super fast transition time, took 2 min off my bike split from last year, had a super fast 2nd transition, and split a 21:45 5k off the end of that. I've never broken 22' in a timed 5k before, so I'm STOKED about that.

Solid end to a really shitty week.

Speaking of PRs, just PR'd my sprint tri. My swim was atrocious but other than that, I had a super fast transition time, took 2 min off my bike split from last year, had a super fast 2nd transition, and split a 21:45 5k off the end of that. I've never broken 22' in a timed 5k before, so I'm STOKED about that.

Solid end to a really shitty week.

You fast.

Grats on the new PR and 3rd place finish, RTQ!

Congrats on the PR RTQ! Keep it up for Ultimate!

RTQ PRed on a course that's 100% flat.

thanks peeps. didn't get to where I wanted, but even a 6 second PR is better than I was.

by the way, the runway actually isn't totally flat. the slope of the runway was visible. don't get me wrong, it was still a pretty flat course though.

Per this piece by Eddie Wooten, "On the 23R end of the runway, the elevation is 855.6 feet, according to PTI marketing manager Stephanie Freeman. At the turnaround, at which 5K runners will circle and return and 10K runners will continue onto the adjacent taxiway, the elevation is 920.9 feet. That's not much gain spread over that distance, although if you're keeping score, it's 65 feet."

Back