• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

YES so much that one. I think half of the "unsubscribe" buttons are just phishing links now too.

Google will periodically ask if I wanna unsubscribe from emails I haven't opened in a while but I don't think it's ever successfully unsubscribed me

I got a random email from the fucking Heritage Foundation yesterday and I have no clue how I could have ended up on their list. But I just deleted rather than unsubscribed because I was worried that the unsubscribe would put me on some other lists.

I got a random email from the fucking Heritage Foundation yesterday and I have no clue how I could have ended up on their list. But I just deleted rather than unsubscribed because I was worried that the unsubscribe would put me on some other lists.
I am currently subscribed to my member of Congress's weekly email and I have no idea how. I've certainly never registered for it and don't get any other Republican emails. and these are from his official office so not fundraising emails. but they are entertaining to read so I do open them.

i get random emails from OTHER members of congress, like some guy in Mississippi; i really couldn't care less about those

I am currently subscribed to my member of Congress's weekly email and I have no idea how. I've certainly never registered for it and don't get any other Republican emails. and these are from his official office so not fundraising emails. but they are entertaining to read so I do open them.
One time, I was upset with a girl who had broken up with me so I donated to the candidate running against the Senator she worked for, and still to this day, despite multiple unsuccessful unsubscription requests, I get occasional emails from Democrats in Iowa asking me for money.

That you can’t rely on reviews on specific internet sites. They’re all BS now.

Car dealerships that paint their name on the back of your car when you buy the vehicle from them. They aren't paying me to advertise for them so why should I?
??? Paint? WTF?? No deal with that bs. Never heard of it. Sticker or whatever? Nope. You can take your license plate bs off too. Deal-breaker and I'll say it up front.

Yeah, I’ve never experienced painted dealer logos, just the license plate frames or decals that I can peel off.

A painted one would be very irritating.

You can tell them to remove the logo before you take delivery.

One told me, “How will people know where you bought it?”

I responded, “If you make me happy, I’ll tell them where I bought it.”

I was able to get a dealer to not put a sticker on one car I bought. Another already had a plastic logo thing put on the back. I assume I could pop it off but don’t wanna scratch it.

when an airbnb says that they accept pets, albeit for an additional $200 or whatever, but then turn around and deny us because our dog is over 20 lbs.

Pretty sure shallots were $3.99 a lb when we just bought them and a 3 lb bag of yellow onions is $1.99.

I'd say a 6X markup on a pretty comparable ingredient is expensive.

Back