• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Preakness is Saturday

Thoughts on how a sloppy track and/or a really fast pace(45 sec 1/2) would affect Chrome's chances?

There's only a 10% chance of rain Saturday. The rain Friday could make the going better.

If they go 45 for the first half, Chrome will be 3-6 lengths back. It may make it easier for him. Unless, Espinoza loses his mind and challenges in 45, but that shouldn't happen.

I guess Chrome has a cough and a blister in his throat.

Sherman says everything checked out, the horse is fine....

EVerything looked good...Looking at the program for tomorrow shows another reason why the Preakness doesn't get much respect. The undercard should be great, but it's not even a good Saturday's roster of races at Santa Anita, Churchill or Belmont. It's very average or below.

Here's a $40 Pick 4 ($0.50)

Race 9:

Race 10:

Race 11:

Race 12:

You could drop the 2 in Race 9. He's been terrible lately. This would make the ticket cost $32. the only reason I'm including him is he has raced on Pimlico's turf course five times. He has won four. Horse for course.

If you want to drop the 2 in the 9th, you could also add #7 in the 11th and get a $40 ticket.

If you keep the 2 and the 7, the ticket goes up to $50.

EVerything looked good...Looking at the program for tomorrow shows another reason why the Preakness doesn't get much respect. The undercard should be great, but it's not even a good Saturday's roster of races at Santa Anita, Churchill or Belmont. It's very average or below.

I thought Friday was the big undercard for the Preakness in Black Eyed Susan Day. Is it not?

I thought Friday was the big undercard for the Preakness in Black Eyed Susan Day. Is it not?

There's usually a really strong card when a track has its feature race. At the Derby there were a couple of really good Grade IIs and a Grade 1 plus I think a Grade III or two.

There is a Grade II Saturday, but it's weak.

There's usually a really strong card when a track has its feature race. At the Derby there were a couple of really good Grade IIs and a Grade 1 plus I think a Grade III or two.

There is a Grade II Saturday, but it's weak.

The big grade II is today, and there is a Grade III today as well. Preakness has normal card, just spreads it out over two days.

If you want to bet exactas or trifectas today take a look at the will pays before you do it. Don't get sucked into betting a trifecta with Chrome/Social Inclusion all as it likely to pay under $20 with several of the horses. You would effectively get even money or less on a wheel.

Pimlico is actually hoping for Chrome to today and to win the Belmont. If he does, there will be a lot of people who will have bet $2 or $5 on Chrome to win hoping to keep the ticket as a souvenir. If he wins today at 3/5, you'd be essentially paying $3.20 for that souvenir. You can't buy anything for that amount.

There will be a ton of people doing that on Belmont Day. Conversely only a few will have saved and not cashed Derby tickets.

There is no downside to doing this. If he wins, the tickets have some little value. If he loses the Belmont, you can mail in the tickets from the KY Derby or the Preakness and cash them.

Here's a $40 Pick 4 ($0.50)

Race 9:

Race 10:

Race 11:

Race 12:

You could drop the 2 in Race 9. He's been terrible lately. This would make the ticket cost $32. the only reason I'm including him is he has raced on Pimlico's turf course five times. He has won four. Horse for course.

If you want to drop the 2 in the 9th, you could also add #7 in the 11th and get a $40 ticket.

If you keep the 2 and the 7, the ticket goes up to $50.

8 and 11 scratch in race 10.

Trying to cap race 11 is giving me fits.

Thanks I'll take a look. The 11th is the worst Grade II, I've seen in a long time.

In the 10th add : #2 and take a chance special #4 (2 for 2 at Pimlico)

Damo told me there is a $173,000 carryover in the Pick 5. I looked it up and there is a $0.10 bet on this. I'm putting in a $60 ticket:

with

with

with

with
3 (California Chrome)

Hopefully a longshot or two will make this pay a lot.

Last edited:
If you want to bet exactas or trifectas today take a look at the will pays before you do it. Don't get sucked into betting a trifecta with Chrome/Social Inclusion all as it likely to pay under $20 with several of the horses. You would effectively get even money or less on a wheel.

Pimlico is actually hoping for Chrome to today and to win the Belmont. If he does, there will be a lot of people who will have bet $2 or $5 on Chrome to win hoping to keep the ticket as a souvenir. If he wins today at 3/5, you'd be essentially paying $3.20 for that souvenir. You can't buy anything for that amount.

There will be a ton of people doing that on Belmont Day. Conversely only a few will have saved and not cashed Derby tickets.

There is no downside to doing this. If he wins, the tickets have some little value. If he loses the Belmont, you can mail in the tickets from the KY Derby or the Preakness and cash them.

Is there any website that has a live toteboard for Pimlico? There doesn't seem to be one on their website. Makes exacta betting annoying.

you might have to join..if your state allows it.....xpressbet is one...TVG is another.

It's been so chalky that I could hit the Pick 5 and lose money.

Luckily I had $12.20 and $7.80 winners and exactas of $36.40 and $22.80.

Last edited:
Pablo Del Monte might be worth a flier at 60-1. Seems like a huge overlay and might be worth throwing $2 on.

Edit: I have no clue how Ria Antonia is at 17-1

Last edited:
I can't fucking believe it...Utley, of all horses, beat me. I deserve it...I didn't a Phillie.....

Back