• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Preakness is Saturday

Bayerns owners officially have the greatest silks of all time

I am so fucking pissed. The Pick 5 was a gift. I got a $20 Chrome.ROC in ...I'm up a bit but should be up much more.

Hit the exacta and trifecta. Bayern sucks.

Great ride by Victor. The could have run around the track again and no one would have caught him.

Will we see a Triple Crown?

Personally I think we will. Chrome is a very good horse in a crop of poor 3 year olds rather than a great horse, but that shouldn't belittle his accomplishments. However, handicapping the Belmont is always extremely difficult because none of these horses are bred to run 1 1/2 miles and none of them have run nearly that far before. On top of that the prospective triple crown winner is coming off 2 races in 4 weeks whereas most of the true challengers will be much more well rested.

Bay of Plenty is one who I think will mount a serious challenge in the Belmont if he runs.

I hit the exacta today. I think i got enough to make it sprinkle!

Granted I did pretty good in Vegas picking derby last month.

He's a very, very good horse. The time of the Derby was totally irrelevant. They ran into a very strong head wind leaving the gate and finishing the race. Today's time was very good.

He has a gear that is extraordinarily rare and can use it at almost any time. He reminds me a lot of being a Mike Schmidt or Tim Duncan of horses. Like they did, Chrome does things so easily that you don't realize how tough he really is.

Last edited:
For those who only watch the Triple Crown or casually watch racing, you many not have seen a truly outstanding ride by Victor Espinoza. He won the in the first few strides out of the gate. As he saw the horses in the 4-6 holes not leaving, he moved into the six or seventh path. This gave the jockey on Social Inclusion two choice. He could either stay wide or go really fast to take the lead. Either choice would cost him the race. If he went fast, he'd burn out quickly. If he stayed wide, he'd have to run a lot farther. Plus Social Inclusion does not like to have the lead.

Espinoza's brilliant and nuanced ride was critical to the win.

Thinking back on the race and his other races, California Chrome reminds me also of how Usain Bolt runs. Bolt often is mid-pack early. Then he has a burst of speed that devastates his competition. He finishes the race gearing down winning by whatever margin he decided was enough. Chrome runs with the other horses. Then he bolts to 3-7 length lead and gears down to coast to an easy victory. We have no idea how good he is, because he dominates so easily.

Santa Anita had a Chromeo Preakness party.....if they do the same for the Belmont, I'm going to try and make it. Would be a blast...

That would be so stupid for the NYRA to do again. There are many little things that are OK that are allowed. There are bits and tongue devices that are routinely used to help breathing.

Come on RJ, where's my damn Belmont thread?

Chrome's toughest competition, in my opinion, reportedly out of Belmont. No specifics, but Pletcher said Danza doesn't look 100%

Back