• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The RTQ Collective Thread

Yes, the Ivy league has incredible brands and would be really good at the major sports if they ever decided to give a shit about them. But they don't, and they won't, so this isn't really worth talking about.

Would love to see WF add Princeton's Matt Alloco. 6-4 G/F 127 O rating. 43% from three; 57% from 2; 91% from the line

I haven't examined the portal and the Ivy transfers in it.

But I would imagine this is a unique time for the portal and the Ivy League, because Covid happened and the league cancelled the 2020-21 season. Therefore there are guys like Allocco, Knowling from Yale, Slajchert from Penn, who all get to

1) get an Ivy League degree; and
2) now get paid to play basketball somewhere else

pretty great deal, thanks to the Ivy League cancelling their freshman seasons. The deal won't be there in future years unless someone can graduate in three years (pretty sure that's happened as well)

Mack looks like the exception, walking away from a Harvard degree because he's getting paid bigger NIL $

How do you like a like? @cookout? That is one of the most important likes in OGBoards history from RTQ. Honored to be a part of it.

I haven't examined the portal and the Ivy transfers in it.

But I would imagine this is a unique time for the portal and the Ivy League, because Covid happened and the league cancelled the 2020-21 season. Therefore there are guys like Allocco, Knowling from Yale, Slajchert from Penn, who all get to

1) get an Ivy League degree; and
2) now get paid to play basketball somewhere else

pretty great deal, thanks to the Ivy League cancelling their freshman seasons. The deal won't be there in future years unless someone can graduate in three years (pretty sure that's happened as well)

Mack looks like the exception, walking away from a Harvard degree because he's getting paid bigger NIL $
Almost all of the guys transferring from Ivy schools and getting meaningful NIL deals could get paid decent money playing in Europe too, but yeah I agree with your overall point that it's a sweet deal for these guys.

Well, $3M would put us in the top 10th percentile of like 80 schools, per that tweet. RTQ said top 30, not top 8.

I don’t understand all of the collective stuff but 50+ represented in this still leaves out a bunch of teams. Is there any info on the other teams? I am shocked at how low those numbers are.

I assume this is the average team payout in all those conferences. If the 90th percentile average payout is $3,000,000, 10% of schools are higher than that.

I assume this is the average team payout in all those conferences. If the 90th percentile average payout is $3,000,000, 10% of schools are higher than that.

Ok. I’m still shocked at that number. I figured it would be higher.

Keep in mind that’s men’s basketball only. Football is first. Then men’s hoops. The the table scrap sports.

My dad was on a golf trip with the head (or one of the heads) of State's NIL fund recently. Said they were around $7 mil annually all-in and thought Wake was doing a solid job, around $5 mil, across all sports. No idea of the truth to it (and I'm getting it 2nd hand through my dad), but it seemed higher than I expected for both. But if we're ~$1.5-2M for basketball, I guess it might be pretty accurate? Maybe $2M for football and $1-$1.5 across all other sports?

It’s hard to learn that most things people say about their college athletics programs are complete bullshit.

I’ve never heard anything other than what I read here. I just figured that guys were being paid more at some of the bigger programs.

Back