• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

It's like they put out a casting call for "school shooter" when they cast that other kid that wants to kill Carl.

It's like they put out a casting call for "school shooter" when they cast that other kid that wants to kill Carl.

I had that thought as well.

As for the Glenn 'development' - I'm not gonna go with totally lame though it was a shitty trick to play with everyone's emotions. But now we get to see Negan at his worst.

the only saving grace to that episode was I thought Carl might get killed. But he didn't. So that was all out suck

So... sorry for spoiling how Glenn is going to die. My rule is to avoid comic spoilers here until after the events pass, but I got fooled.

not sure you spoiled anything. have not read the comics but it's my understanding that they have moved things around. some stuff has happened to other people. some stuff has not happened and won't in the same way. didn't andrea live in the comics but not the show? they will use the scene you spoiled with a minor character so that scene won't be as powerful.

i now won't believe any main character will die. all that tension gone. nice job creators. really bad choice. bare minimum you end the episode then pick it up the next one. so dumb.

I can see where it is the other guys body they are eating and then Glenn manages to slip under the dumpster just as something starts to distract the dead to lead them out of the alley. Hard to imagine they let him die but then again it could have something to do with trusting one of the townspeople who Rick has said "aren't ready" to deal with the outside. Kind of like see, you should have listened.

Boom.

terrible terrible episode.

nothing made sense. nothing lent any credibility to any potential danger. you pull the carpet out from under the fans with the glenn move then fill the compound with thousands of zombies and expect me to believe for one moment that carl, rick, or maggie is in danger? zero tension after that fail. ooh they kill off the former mayor that no one cares about. you know the one that the show has killed off her entire family. still don't care about them. give rick's side piece two crazy kids. ok, their abusive dad was killed so they'll be a little crazy. having them pull out the ol' zombie gut switcheroo and they stand there looking around? glenn laid under the trash bin with zero guts on him and they zombies just walked away. this show messes with their viewers to make moments that they think will be some sort of "ah ha!" moment. in a vacuum maybe. but the fact that they don't stay consistent with the rules in their own world discarding ones and bringing them back only to serve some other ridiculous plot device is maddening. i am hate watching this so hard.

they want a high body count to seem edgy or something. game of thrones makes you feel for a character and then sucker punches you with that person's death in a way and time you don't expect. walking dead introduces a new character tells you "this is a new character you should care" but provides absolutely no characterization to actually care when they are killed later.

after the glenn back lash they will probably try and restore balance by killing a major character. then again, maybe it'll just be a secondary character (not from the original season) rather then the normal tertiary or lower range.

don't get me started on the levels of stupidity of the prisoner bs. ok, i did it to myself...

morgan ties up a guy that was trying to kill people and is clearly crazy only at his wrists? his wrists. carol is right not to trust him but then she runs out during the zombie attack to kill the guy? why is that important? and why not hit him in the back of the head with his stick prior to running out? after he takes them both out he is slowly cutting his wrists free and she does not get the gun that carol dropped across the room? two other people come in with guns pointed at them. he has the knife on her neck and one of those idiots (that can shoot 50 walkers in a row through the head) blows his effing elbow off? can't cur her throat when his antire arm is suddenly useless. at least now she will die out in the zombie horde. no, wait... she'll live because that makes total sense that this insane person will be able to keep her alive while he escapes.

which will trend first #walkingdeadplotholes or #hatewatchingdead

That little kid is going to get some people killed. If nobody major dies from that I think it's safe to say I'm over this show.

That little kid is going to get some people killed. If nobody major dies from that I think it's safe to say I'm over this show.

i feel like they really want to kill of the blonde's kids so she can start fresh as carl's and lil' ass kicker's new mommy.

The series hit a high point in 4B/5A.

What can you point to as a great episode in season 6? Any? I would say Morgan's development episode "He's not Here" was the best of the season so far. Eastman was compelling and had some of the best dialogue of the series. Gimple's writing episodes seem to be the best.

But overall, this season has been mediocre at best. Nothing significant happened in the mid-season finale. I get that they are introducing this new character (Negan) that is extremely popular in the comics, but they have dragged out an entire half-season for story lines that could be done in 1 or 2 episodes.

Glenn's "death" - handled poorly. Too many characters that you don't care about. And some that may be interesting but disappear (Heath, Aaron). Show has gotten too safe.

Ratings have dipped slightly this season. If they get no bump from this mid-season finale, it will be interesting to see how the fans react to the second-half of the season which looks to be setting up for big things. Will it rebound with an action-packed and dramatic second half? We'll see. Comic fans seem to think so.

I'm done.

This...we had a good run. I may give the show another shot when Neegan shows up and starts swinging for the fences, but this season has been sooo bad and the way they did the Glenn fake out is unforgivable.

I won't be able to see the s6.5 premiere until tomorrow, but if they can't make the Negan arc into great television this season, there's no hope for the show.

Awesome, action packed episode. I'm interested to hear what the comic book nerds think of the Negan...development.

Back