• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger out at Augusta

His power while immense was never going to be sustainable. Those swings that he and the other long-hitters have really wear knees, backs, and anything else you can think of. But golf is more fun when it's anyone's tournament. Definitely looking forward to this year's.

I hope Tiger can get back to health for another 10 year run. Golf is more fun with him in it. Jack Nicklaus' record looks better and better. Look at his majors in the 1970s. So amazing & consistent

Masters Tournament 8 T2 1 T3 T4 1 T3 2 7 4
U.S. Open T49 2 1 T4 T10 T7 T11 T10 T6 T9
The Open Championship 1 T5 2 4 3 T3 T2 2 1 T2
PGA Championship T6 1 T13 1 2 1 T4 3 CUT T65

His power while immense was never going to be sustainable. Those swings that he and the other long-hitters have really wear knees, backs, and anything else you can think of. But golf is more fun when it's anyone's tournament. Definitely looking forward to this year's.

pff, yeah right. golf was infinitely more interesting when Tiger was Tiger. the viewership, money, popularity of the support all agree.

pff, yeah right. golf was infinitely more interesting when Tiger was Tiger. the viewership, money, popularity of the support all agree.

I didn't say a word about TV ratings. For me, as a fan, I enjoy seeing competition- wide open competition. When one or two players dominate, it's boring. I like the game of golf, not just individual player glories. Golf is more fun when it's anyone's tournament. It's more popular when Tiger was a weekly odds-on favorite but I give a shit about popular.

I'm two for two. I went down the Quail Hollow on Sunday the year Fowler won and it happened to be the week Tiger missed the cut. No Tiger.

I'm going to the Masters on Thursday and Friday this year. No Tiger. I didn't see him winning this year but it would have been cool seeing him out there.

Hasn't had a healthy season since 2007. What year did the PGA institute the drug ban? Oh, that's right, 2008.

I didn't say a word about TV ratings. For me, as a fan, I enjoy seeing competition- wide open competition. When one or two players dominate, it's boring. I like the game of golf, not just individual player glories. Golf is more fun when it's anyone's tournament. It's more popular when Tiger was a weekly odds-on favorite but I give a shit about popular.

agree/disagree i guess; i found pro golf way more interesting during Tiger's reign

Not a Tiger fan, for no reason other than the media ruined him for me, but the power in his game is not what won all those tournaments during his peak run, it was his ability to make great approach shots and rarely miss a putt inside 10 feet. His short game has faltered more than the distance.

Who cares? Tiger was a big deal last decade. I am going this year and will be more excited to meet Bill Haas than Tiger Woods. (Old Gold and Black Glasses on).

I'm going as well. Anyone else? I'll be there Sunday.

It's time to stop talking about breaking Nicklaus' majors record. Ain't gonna happen. Never was, really...... Too much money out there now. Hard to stay hungry when you got a bazillion dollars in the bank.

I agree about Nicklaus' record. But I think Tiger had a legitimate shot at it.

However, some people are motivated by things other than money. I think that Tiger was motivated by his desire to break Jack's majors record but he was ultimately more motivated to break Wilt's record. And I ain't talking about 100 points in a basketball game.

I agree about Nicklaus' record. But I think Tiger had a legitimate shot at it.

However, some people are motivated by things other than money. I think that Tiger was motivated by his desire to break Jack's majors record but he was ultimately more motivated to break Wilt's record. And I ain't talking about 100 points in a basketball game.

Hell, he's won 1 major in the last 6 seasons and he STILL has a shot at breaking the record if he gets healthy for a few years. If he had stayed healthy all the way through he would have broken the record in his sleep. And this from someone who is not a tiger fan and who does not want him to break the record...

Hell, he's won 1 major in the last 6 seasons and he STILL has a shot at breaking the record if he gets healthy for a few years. If he had stayed healthy all the way through he would have broken the record in his sleep. And this from someone who is not a tiger fan and who does not want him to break the record...

He did have the best shot at it that anyone ever has and likely ever will. Jack won 5 in 12 years and then won his 6th 11 years later. Tiger won 4 in 9 years but hasn't since and it's been 10 years now.

It's time to stop talking about breaking Nicklaus' majors record. Ain't gonna happen. Never was, really...... Too much money out there now. Hard to stay hungry when you got a bazillion dollars in the bank.

Please. Tiger doesn't play for the money. He hasn't in years. His body is broken. He didn't build a swing that could stand the test of time like, say, Tom Watson. If his surgery is successful he can win majors but I tend to think four more isn't going to happen. I think Nicklaus can go to the grave knowing nobody is touching his record. Tiger is only eight years away from Jack's final Masters. Time flies. Twenty years from now some kid may come along and win 15 majors. It's possible. But with the global talent I don't see it ever happening.

Tiger to miss the masters. Winner to have asterisk.

No asterisk. It is The Masters. A tradition unlike any other. It may be without Phil also. It has the smallest field of any major in golf yet come Sunday the same pressure will be there and the winner comes away with a lifetime of playing and a green jacket.

Maybe he can miss the Ryder Cup and we can win again like in 2008.

Why even watch it now?

The Masters is much bigger than cheetah woods. He hasn't won the Masters in 9 years and it's been 5 years since he last won any major. He's done . Stick a fork in him .

Back