• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger's back - next week at Bridgestone.

DCDeac

Reaction score
Surprising. Lot's of speculation that he was done for the year...

Will he make the cut?

Ah right. Forgot about the no cut thing. Some friend of his from when he was younger is on his bag, Bryon Bell, who has very little experience.

Just a tune up for the PGA the week after. I thought his coach said Tiger hadn't hit balls yet. Tiger really doesn't need an experienced caddy for Bridgestone. He's played there so often and knows everything about the course.

According to twitter his caddie will be somebody named Bryon Bell. I'm not familiar with him.

He's had Bell on the bag before, more as a charity case where Woods was giving a pal a chance to make some decent coin for a week.

If the PGA tour has any sense at all, he gets paired with Adam Scott.

With all the great young folders making a name for themselves I think Golf ratings could explode if Tiger became competitive again

He's had Bell on the bag before, more as a charity case where Woods was giving a pal a chance to make some decent coin for a week.

He's actually the President of Tiger Woods Design and was Tiger's "travel coordinator" for all the sloots he had flown in.

Looks like he'll be handing him clubs instead of condoms next week.

Looks like he'll be handing him clubs instead of condoms next week.

Why not both? Unless of course Bell can't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Reportedly, Tiger hasn't been able to really practice yet, but he's playing 72 holes next week?!? My guess is he's giving the leg a try at Akron before the PGA to test it to see whether he can play on it at all or if he needs some kind of surgery. Even if he does play, I don't think he'll be competitive.

Bill playing with some guy named Hennie Otto.

Tiger is playing with Darren Clarke.

AKRON, Ohio -- Darren Clarke isn't exactly sure why he and Tiger Woods hit it off so well.

Maybe it's their "similar build, similar color, similar stature," the portly Northern Irishman said, that impish grin creeping across his face.

Well, not exactly. But Clarke and Woods have been friends for years, and the two are pleased to be playing with each other in the first two rounds of the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational.

"He sort of got my sense of humor and I got his," the affable Clarke said. "... I give him a little bit of stick and what have you. I don't think anybody gives him that much stick. But no, he's been a very, very good friend to me over a very long period of time. I've got no idea why, but we just get on very well."

Joking aside, there's mutual respect there, too. Both are former winners at Firestone Country Club and -- after Clarke's win last month at Royal St. George's -- major champions, to boot. In fact, Woods sent Clarke a couple of texts that the man from Northern Ireland said were key to his British Open win. True to form, the two prefer to keep the contents of those missives between them.

"He's always been a great friend to me, and we've been great friends for a long time going back to when we both worked with Butch (Harmon) a long time ago," Woods said. "It was great to see Darren play well. He's gone through a lot in his life. I think he's 42 now, to win an Open Championship and the one that he covets the most, that's very special to him, and the way he did it was very impressive.

"He went out and played very well and really put it on the boys on Sunday, which was good to see."

Full article at : http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tournaments/r476/08/03/featured.group.WGCBridgestone/index.html

Clarke is the man, and Tiger gets hated on because he did what 95% of people in his shoes would have done. Its time for tiger to get back on track and start dominating on the course again. He is playing with a long time tour friend, he has an old buddy on the bag, and is playing a course that he dominated for ten years. I would say if he really is 100%, watch out for tiger to make a serious run at winning this tournament.

Golf is so boring when Tiger is not in the field.

i like that his whore hunter is caddying for him this week. i may actually like tiger 2.0.

he should embrace the villain role. wear all black with a black felt hat, and a shirt that curves up at his biceps. make the grip of his putter a dildo

Tiger will need to work to make himself relevant again. It's been nice watching golf the last couple of years without all the attention focused on one guy.

Tiger will need to work to make himself relevant again. It's been nice watching golf the last couple of years without all the attention focused on one guy.

lololol

i like that his whore hunter is caddying for him this week. i may actually like tiger 2.0.

he should embrace the villain role. wear all black with a black felt hat, and a shirt that curves up at his biceps. make the grip of his putter a dildo

He really needs to come out and cut a sweet heel promo "The Rock" style.

Clarke is the man, and Tiger gets hated on because he did what 95% of people in his shoes would have done. Its time for tiger to get back on track and start dominating on the course again. He is playing with a long time tour friend, he has an old buddy on the bag, and is playing a course that he dominated for ten years. I would say if he really is 100%, watch out for tiger to make a serious run at winning this tournament.

Golf is so boring when Tiger is not in the field.

I disagree. The U.S. Open and British Open were tons of fun to watch. I enjoy watching the young U.S. and international stars show their stuff. DJ, McIlroy, Fowler, etc. are fun to watch.

Back