• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tornado Outbreak...

This one funnel is going to be the worst one of the day: took out Salyersville, Paintsville, and now Inez.

The supercell has completely wrapped around itself now... completely rain wrapped now - visibility near 0.

This one funnel is going to be the worst one of the day: took out Salyersville, Paintsville, and now Inez.

What direction was it travelling, based on the storm it looked like south and so Salyersville looked to miss the tornado, barely.

What direction was it travelling, based on the storm it looked like south and so Salyersville looked to miss the tornado, barely.

Pulling my radar back to around 18:50 it looks like it's a WNW direction, and yeah you're right - if it did miss the town itself, it didn't miss by much.

Here's the radar loop for the Salyersville Tornado...

20120302_Salyersvilledebrisball_loop.gif

Here's the first video I've found of that West Liberty, KY Tornado...

"I think we need to leave..."

[video]https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs-ak-ash4/437894/952/2426960411971_24674.mp4?oh=d14801d8c313e077271046c a1984340c&oe=4F540900&__gda__=1330907392_3181ae1352462fd18a026afcb3b778e 4[/video]

I guess now maybe these are shot with cell phones, but if not, who are all these people that just carry around video cameras? Bangbus type folks?

Ha - all you need is a cell phone or even just a regular camera now that takes video...

Speaking of bangbus, every night on The Weather Channel... Crystal Egger. The Erin Andrews of Weather...

96101_Crystal_Egger_weather_babe_122_251lo.jpg

Lucky for the Piedmont Triad, we are getting "wedged in" with some colder temps. The fog is a bitch, but the cooler temps should temper any overnight t-storms. These storms in Georgia look nasty.

last one...pray for these people. This is from only one town out of many in the South that were hit today.
AnCADIgCQAAURFb.jpg

Wow - been waiting to see those aftermath photos - thanks for posting. Just horrific for that town - hopefully people had fair warning and took shelter below ground.

Weather Channel has updated death toll today at 27...

Very glad baby siff got out of Tuscaloosa this morning for a visit home to Charlotte. Weather like that is frightening.

Back