• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

There's an alternate universe where Leicester wins that match 4-1. Maybe 5-1.

Yup. We were completely outplayed. 2 shots off the frame for Leicester. 2 penalty appeals at the end there that we were very lucky the ref didn't call. Blegh.

A win is a win. Brutal stretch now with Man U on Sunday and Chelsea on Thursday. This could end very badly.

Idiotic tackle by Traore. Easy save by Green.

Why the hell is Ferdinand still on the field?

just watched MOTD

Lee Mason royally FUCKED OVER Everton. Holy shit.

The Bojan penalty was questionable but just looks so much worse considering it came on the heels of Mason deciding to not send off Walters after he was clearly the last man back dragging down Baines. That foul was pretty much the reason why the last man foul denying a goal scoring opportunity = red card rule was implemented.

Mason should be sat down for this weekend's matches. He had a nightmare. And he wasn't much better in the Villa-Man United match this past weekend.

something to do with his calf it looked like

not sure if any news on it has filtered out tho.

Only thing I've seen on Timmy is that he's likely not going to play vs Newcastle this weekend.

just watched MOTD

Lee Mason royally FUCKED OVER Everton. Holy shit.

The Bojan penalty was questionable but just looks so much worse considering it came on the heels of Mason deciding to not send off Walters after he was clearly the last man back dragging down Baines. That foul was pretty much the reason why the last man foul denying a goal scoring opportunity = red card rule was implemented.

Mason should be sat down for this weekend's matches. He had a nightmare. And he wasn't much better in the Villa-Man United match this past weekend.

I had the Everton match up on my iPad while watching Liverpool and when Mason blew the whistle I said to my friend, "Man, good for him, refs sometimes swallow the whistle there because they don't want to give a red card and OH MY GOD HE ONLY GAVE A YELLOW!" Horrible.

As for the penalty, the writing was on the wall when McCarthy weirdly overplayed Bojan cutting in 60 yards from goal. Once he cut inside in the box it was inevitable (but I still thought it was closer to legs tangling than an attempt to impede progress).

With a full day of contemplation, I'm still frustrated at Lee Mason, but we have to get a result nonetheless. We're playing too narrowly. Passing play like ours demands width and we're playing straight down the middle these days. Not nearly enough Coleman playmaking. Greg O'Keefe says the players gave up after the goal, but I think the amount of shots and player reactions make that a poor argument. There is a ton of discontent at the club right now. Desperation sinking in.

With a full day of contemplation, I'm still frustrated at Lee Mason, but we have to get a result nonetheless. We're playing too narrowly. Passing play like ours demands width and we're playing straight down the middle these days. Not nearly enough Coleman playmaking. Greg O'Keefe says the players gave up after the goal, but I think the amount of shots and player reactions make that a poor argument. There is a ton of discontent at the club right now. Desperation sinking in.

You should tank for relegation. It clears out all the riffraff, and it is a load of fun winning every week. Would be Everton's first, if I'm not mistaken.

All the papers are saying that it greatly relies on Madrid signing Reus first or at least having that transfer all but locked up before they cash in on Bale.

That has to take every other player you want to sign/need off the table though. No?

Back