• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

That has to take every other player you want to sign/need off the table though. No?

No.

Deals can be structured so that all the money doesn't come out at once and United make so much money through commercial deals that the club is nearly impervious to FFP.

You should tank for relegation. It clears out all the riffraff, and it is a load of fun winning every week. Would be Everton's first, if I'm not mistaken.

We can still absolutely win Europa. That's honestly the only light at the end of this season's tunnel.

No.

Deals can be structured so that all the money doesn't come out at once and United make so much money through commercial deals that the club is nearly impervious to FFP.

True, but wouldn't you spend that money elsewhere? You all make a hell of a lot of money, and if it gets Hummels to Arsenal...

Last edited:
Are we sure that Arsenal will pay the wages to get Hummels to the Emirates?

Because it is going to take fat stacks to get him to leave Dortmund.

Are we sure that Arsenal will pay the wages to get Hummels to the Emirates?

Because it is going to take fat stacks to get him to leave Dortmund.

Not sure, but I would guess the Bale deal would take Hummels or Falcao off the table.

We can structure contracts just as beneficially in the short term as anyone else.

Contracts aren't as easy to structure as transfer fees.

Agreed, but I don't think you can sign Falcao, Bale, and Hummels at the same time without getting rid of one or two significant players.

That said...

Mata being sold and RvP not having his contract renewed frees up a lot of money at the club. Those are the two most obvious candidates to be sacrificed for LvG's revolution at this point. One of Smalling/Evans/Jones as well. Smalling would be my pick to sell.

Only a brief six hours until East London takes it to the scummy North. Emirates is a corporate shithole, and I am furious every god damned time I have to pass it on the train.

Song to own The Arse. COYI.

-------Carroll - Sakho
-----------Downing
-------Nolan - Kouyate
-------------Song
Cress - Reid - Collins - Jenks
------------Adrian

One point and one place separate us. Carroll will give Arsenal's center backs fits all game, and Sakho will run them to death. Sanchez will probably be too much for Jenkinson to handle (as Hazard was on Boxing Day). I'd rather see Noble in the diamond instead of Nolan, but fat chance.

COME ON YOU IRONS

Shit, forgot briefly that jenkinson can't play versus arsenal (loan parent club). Looks like we'll see one of Demel or JOB. That's a pretty significant loss, because Jenks has been ever-present for us this season.

the fuck is john moss doing??

Falcao hit in the face by Vertonghen and nothing called. This follows RvP being tripped with no call.

Wake up, ref

Who in the fucking hell was offside there?!?!

Not sure the whole ball was over the whole line, but I would have liked to have seen GLT show us...but instead we got a phantom offside call.

Townsend slides through the back of Young's legs... only a yellow. That was a textbook sending off!

Not to mention that Stomboli's tackle on Carrick was studs up and high -- also could (should?) have been a red.

Last edited:
Back