• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Hell of a response

Incredible time wasting from Spurs leads to a Hammers goal off a beautiful feed from Antonio
Early in the first half spurs had two different players pick up the throw in and decide not to take it by rolling the ball away. Probably full minute wasted. Tuchel stuff

Arsenal -2.5 is rough because we are going against a former Arsenal GK which means he will play out of his mind guaranteed.

20% of the starting keepers in the EPL are current or former Arsenal players.

Pull out the stopwatch and you’ll get the answer. I’m just happy Marriner let the game go as long as it deserved.

I call bullshit on you having a stopwatch out for ET and bullshit on there having been 3 minutes of time wasted in 5 minutes of play. There would have been 20 mins of extra time by that standard.

I call bullshit on you having a stopwatch out for ET and bullshit on there having been 3 minutes of time wasted in 5 minutes of play. There would have been 20 mins of extra time by that standard.

I clocked 2:42 on time wasting not counting normal kicking the ball away nonsense. I guess you can take off another 20 seconds for an extra slow goal kick that is standard practice. Ball went in the net at 2:12 over five minutes. Ball went out for the corner at 1:37 over the five. Liverpool deserved a chance to score there and they did.

Pull out the stopwatch and you’ll get the answer. I’m just happy Marriner let the game go as long as it deserved.

Thanks for the suggestion. The five minutes of stoppage was announced right at the ninety minute mark. After that, the only time play was stopped was during Pope’s injury and that delay - I timed it with my stopwatch - lasted less than ninety seconds. Nice try.

Newcastle got exactly what it deserved. When the time wasting starts midway through the first half, and half the team has gone down with an "injury" that required "treatment" and yet no one had to leave the game for any of these "injuries", losing the game in the 8th minute of extra time on the final kick is fucking delicious.

Thanks for the suggestion. The five minutes of stoppage was announced right at the ninety minute mark. After that, the only time play was stopped was during Pope’s injury and that delay - I timed it with my stopwatch - lasted less than ninety seconds. Nice try.

I’m not “trying” time. 40 second goal kick, kicking the ball away after a foul, having a dude go down then standing up when the ball stays in play. Keeper goes down for no reason (he hoofed it 95 seconds afterwards). This shit should matter and it did today.

Not a good sign for Klopp when the FA is already having to match fix for Liverpool in August to keep them relevant.

I’ll listen to an argument that justice is rarely served when it comes to time wasting but Liverpool deserved that chance.

I’ll listen to an argument that justice is rarely served when it comes to time wasting but Liverpool deserved that chance.

The game is better when time wasting isn't rewarded. It's frustrating today for the Liverpool haters which I get but justice was served. It' also worth noting that Newcastle had a chance to win the game in the 96th minute and had they scored, would have been just fine that Marriner had let the game go on past the minimum of 5.

Newcastle got exactly what it deserved. When the time wasting starts midway through the first half, and half the team has gone down with an "injury" that required "treatment" and yet no one had to leave the game for any of these "injuries", losing the game in the 8th minute of extra time on the final kick is fucking delicious.

Lol Liverpool didn’t seem to be in a massive hurry when Henderson took five minutes walking off deciding who he wanted to captain the rest of the match. The nerve of this lot!

I for one am just glad that the only time officials decide that time wasting matter is to give Liverpool an extra chance at home to Newcastle

Lol Liverpool didn’t seem to be in a massive hurry when Henderson took five minutes walking off deciding who he wanted to captain the rest of the match. The nerve of this lot!

They were making 3 subs at the time. I mean what's your point? That Henderson was time wasting?

Everyone on this board has watched games when they've wanted to strangle the asshole on the screen for shithousery, time wasting crap. To see a team punished at the very end after a game of that bs was cathartic.

Back