• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Onana isn’t an upgrade over DDG. Both are problematic.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Onana isn’t an upgrade over DDG. Both are problematic.
All that changed was which body part they can't use

An extremely disappointing performance. Serious questions have to be asked of Arteta on his handling of Saka and the fact that he gets the shit kicked out of him every single game in the Premier League, he literally could barely walk off the pitch against Spurs and Bournemouth. With City this weekend, it was just a stupid risk to take and it bit him in the ass.

Also European away ties continue to go awry, we still haven't figured out the right balance yet under Arteta. Annoying.

Galatarsary with their first ever win on English soil. Cool.

Napoli is fun to watch. match day there looks amazing. kinda unlucky on the Valverde goal but holy cow what a shot

was on the road yesterday and just saw the Union match highlights

sports can be cruel

Serious question: how many former Man U players have not celebrated when the score against you guys?
probably just the Academy guys

that stuff never bothered me anyway. they aren't supposed to celebrate scoring a goal because they happened to play for the other club once-upon-a-time? unless they are a boyhood supporter of the club then I don't see a reason why they shouldn't celebrate

that stuff never bothered me anyway. they aren't supposed to celebrate scoring a goal because they happened to play for the other club once-upon-a-time? unless they are a boyhood supporter of the club then I don't see a reason why they shouldn't celebrate
I think there's levels. For example, Theo Walcott never celebrated the few goals he scored against us, wouldn't have held it against him if he did. RvP did, maybe bothered me a little but it wasn't over the top so it wasn't horrible.

But Adebayor? Fuuuuuuck him.

The expectation that players shouldn't celebrate a goal against a former team in any instance is silly to me. Unless you do a Vardy and run the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of and intentionally antagonize the opposing fans, it's not disrespectful to be happy you scored.

oh what Adebayor did was clearly beyond just celebrating that goal. hahahahaha that was quite an aggressive celebration!

Napoli is fun to watch. match day there looks amazing. kinda unlucky on the Valverde goal but holy cow what a shot
Can confirm it's a phenomenal matchday experience. I've been twice and it's unreal how loud it gets. The fuorigrotta on matchday is a wild experience. Basically every street within walking distance is lined food stands, random people selling bottles of beer and airplane bottles for like a 2 euros a pop, and it is packed.

Yaya Touré summed it up well:

"In the morning we went to the San Paolo to warm up, Carlos (Tevez) was telling me about this stadium, but I've played for Barça so I said to myself, it can't be that big of a deal! Yet when I set foot on that pitch I felt something magical, different. In the evening, when there was the anthem of the Champions League, hearing 80,000 people whistling us I realized what a mess we were in! I did play some important matches in my career, but when I heard that cry for the first time my legs were shaking! Well, it was there that I realized that for those people this is not just a team, it is a visceral love, like the one between a mother and a son! It was the only time I remained on the pitch after losing a match, just to enjoy the show."

Back