• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Bundesliga Thread (NWT)

How long does GOLtv have the US broadcast right to the Bundesliga? That's the biggest problem with the league, stateside. DirecTV doesn't even carry the channel anymore. Half of their programming is broadcast in Mexican and they never show events at the pre-announced time.

GOLtv makes Bein Sports look like the Citizen Kane of soccer channels in comparison.

How long does GOLtv have the US broadcast right to the Bundesliga? That's the biggest problem with the league, stateside. DirecTV doesn't even carry the channel anymore. Half of their programming is broadcast in Mexican and they never show events at the pre-announced time.

GOLtv makes Bein Sports look like the Citizen Kane of soccer channels in comparison.

This is the last season of GOLtv

yeah i'm gonna have to hustle to get into this soccer thang

do you guys have a sense for what time most bundesliga games are on? I think the west coast may make it even worse for me?

yeah i'm gonna have to hustle to get into this soccer thang

do you guys have a sense for what time most bundesliga games are on? I think the west coast may make it even worse for me?

Looks like you're 9 hours behind. So early afternoon kickoffs might be brutal for you unless you stay up until 3 or 4 am to watch. Night matches will come on around 9 or 10 am your time.

Also since Vad hasn't objected I'm IN on MY Gladbach!

borussia_monchengladbach_tickets.jpg

The best BORUSSIA in all the land! (suck it buckets)

Fabian! Kruse! Sommer! Herrman! Daems! (Little bro) Hazard! We even have Brett Favre's cousin as our coach!

LEGOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looks like the first BORUSSIA BOWL isn't until November 8th and its in Dortmund. We're coming for ya Buckets!

This thread makes me really miss Germany.

Can't wait for the friendly on Sunday between MY Liverpool Reds and the Borussia Dortmund BVBs.

This thread is going to make me HATE Bayern. Yeah, I totally capitalized that word. I can see it coming.

Can't wait for the friendly on Sunday between MY Liverpool Reds and the Borussia Dortmund BVBs.

should be fun

i believe dortmund is undefeated in preseason matches so far

man I wanna do a remix of OPP but replace it with BVB

You down with BVB?
Yeah you know me
Who's down with BVB?
Every last homie

Dumb question regarding but not limited to Bundesliga: Why do several Bundedliga clubs have numbers in their names? (Schalke 04, Hanover 96, Paderborn 07, others). I think there are some in the Eredivise like that too, but not in places like England or Spain. Why in some countries but not others ? And why have the numbers anyway?

i can only speak for BORUSSIA DORTMUND but we were founded in 1909.... hence the 09 on some of the logos

i can only speak for BORUSSIA DORTMUND but we were founded in 1909.... hence the 09 on some of the logos

Looks like the number as reference to founding date is a pattern... I still wonder why that's a German thing but not in other places.

Back