• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Champions League Thread 2014-2015 (non-dv7 Topic)

What happened to Ronaldo in the 2nd half by the way? He was a complete bystander and passenger. Bale, James and Isco were the only ones really chasing it. Just a dreadful, dreadful performance by Ronaldo.

The last mention of Ronaldo's name in the Guardian live blog was at the 72nd minute, and that was the only other time he was mentioned there was in the 47th minute. Not saying the Guardian live blog is the end all and be all of a players involvement ... but whoooooooooof. That might be the worst match I've ever seen Ronaldo play, and he went out of the tournament with an absolute whimper.

well on the one hand it sucks to not have a Superclasico final. but on the other, I would be a damn wreck the whole match knowing it would be the worst thing ever for Real to beat us in the CL final (was bad enough in the Copa del Rey a few years ago).

lol

11136154_1403305049709707_3020594991672704994_o.png

That's a tough pill to swallow for so many reasons... Barcelona waiting in the final, Morata scoring the winner, ending the season essentially emptyhanded... But most of all the team just didn't look ready. After that first goal it was cruise control. Last year's heroes; Ancelotti, Bale, Casillas, Ramos, are this year's scapegoats. I am still a huge fan of Carletto but the Sergio Ramos midfield tactic that worked against Atletico got flat out exposed in the first leg. That, combined with the team's general deterioration through the season, may spell his doom unfortunately. Bale was last year's darling go ahead scorer in both the Copa del Rey and CL... now people are wondering if he'll even be back. His agent picked the best week to go to the press saying Gareth didn't think he was getting the ball enough or having enough opportunities, and then he proceeds to knock that header over the bar when it was served up on a platter. Casillas' throw-in is a microcosm for his season.

Definitely didn't follow as much as I usually do this year but I always get really excited for the CL. Seems like the cycle has turned back towards Barca and it's maybe even a slight relief that we don't run the risk of getting embarrassed by them in the final. Hats off to Juve too. I'll be rooting for them.

GAMEDAY

Sporting my Xavi jersey now and will do so until I have to get ready for a wedding. Gonna watch as much as I can from the room before I have to head to Wake Forest from Raleigh. At least Sirius covers the match too.

Visca el Barça i visca Catalunya!

I can't decide who I'm rooting against more. It's going to be one of those situations where my gut instincts will lead the way once the game starts. Right now I'm leaning towards rooting against Barca, but Juve holds a special place of hatred in my heart too. Tough one.

Cheering for Juve obviously, and I think they have a decent shot at winning. But my best guess is it's tight for the first 25 minutes or so, Barca scores and probably dominates from there.

GAMEDAY

Sporting my Xavi jersey now and will do so until I have to get ready for a wedding. Gonna watch as much as I can from the room before I have to head to Wake Forest from Raleigh. At least Sirius covers the match too.

Visca el Barça i visca Catalunya!

I have a wedding too. It didn't occur to me that the CL Final would be in June when I accepted the invite

Neymar, Suarez, Messi....that's just disgusting.

Not a fan of Fox but I do like listening to Martin Tyler.

(Although I'm sure he's in the tank for [name of team I'm supposed to dislike].)

"4.36 seconds Jamaal Charles, 40 yard dash time"

The engineer on ESPN said that Messi accelerated faster than this guy over 20 yards on his goal in the semis. Seriously?

Back