• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Champions League Thread 2014-2015 (non-dv7 Topic)

The Boss on the draw:

"We have the experience of playing against Galatasaray in the past and we will always remember the 'Welcome to Hell' banners," he told ManUtd.com.
"So it's always a difficult type of match.
"We have drawn Portuguese clubs a number of times over the past few years - the likes of Benfica, Sporting [Lisbon] and Porto - so we have the experience of playing in Portugal on many occasions.
"Braga are one of the improving teams in that country.
"Obviously, we've never played Cluj before but, after the experience of last year, we don't want to make any stupid errors this time. We will play our strongest team to make sure we get through."

Good. SAF fucking around and sending out inexperienced sides in the first couple matches cost us progressing from an easy group last season. Send out the kids after you've qualified for the knockout stages.

Just looked at the schedule. Matchday 6 is the game before we play City in the League. We better have the group wrapped up and just send out our U-15 team to rest everyone for that weekend.

Daniel Todd ‏@toddtoddtodd

Rumours are that City are preparing a bid for Arsenal's Champions League group

Galatasaray (H) 9/19, Cluj (A) 10/2, Braga (H) 10/23, Braga (A) 11/7, Galatasaray (A) 11/20& Cluj (H) 12/5.

Love how that shook out. We could be clinched with 4 wins before we have to go to Hell. And Cluj last at home will be nice in the even we need 3 points on the final day, but even better if we can play the U-15s with City looming that weekend.

This is the first time in a long time that I have loved AFC's draw. That kind of scares me.

Arsene's Army ‏@ArsenesArmy

We play City the same week they have to go to the Bernabeau. Not ideal preparation for them!

Arsene's Army ‏@ArsenesArmy

We play City the same week they have to go to the Bernabeau. Not ideal preparation for them!

Before we play City, their last group stage match is at Dortmund. Worked out well for both of us, it seems.

What kind of grandfather clause does ManU have that they draw the easiest group every year?

Not every year, but the last 2 have been easy on paper. Not that it did us any good last season!

this grandfather

Sir-Alex-Ferguson-001.jpg

Suarez says no to extra time. Ref gives the inverse of Fergie time to Liverpool. Moving on!

I can't wait to see what exciting Europa League draws awaits Liverpool tomorrow!

3rd time in a row Ajax and Madrid are in the same group. Ajax isn't happy about that I'm sure

Back