• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Spurs may be interested in 21-year old AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen, who won the Eredivisie golden boot this past year. Eredivisie scorers moving to EPL are kind of a crapshoot but he's got skills and would fit the recent Poch model: young, talented, from a lower league and ready for a bigger stage. We've hit on some of those recently. He seems to make sense at a backup option to Michy and/or value buy.

Spurs may be interested in 21-year old AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen, who won the Eredivisie golden boot this past year. Eredivisie scorers moving to EPL are kind of a crapshoot but he's got skills and would fit the recent Poch model: young, talented, from a lower league and ready for a bigger stage. We've hit on some of those recently. He seems to make sense at a backup option to Michy and/or value buy.

ipity, are you in for the Euro game ?

WHOA! Would be an awesome signing. Smalling and Bailly would be a great CB combo. Probably also means the end of Rojo and/or Jones.

Will be so happy to never see Rojo in a United shirt again. Such crap.

Twitter says the deal is done.

Spurs apparently made a run at Sebastian Rode before he made "a decision of the heart" to play for Tuchel at Dortmund. Bummer.

My boys Venezia have hired Pippo Inzaghi as their new manager after being promoted to Serie C. He will still be only second in the Pippo charts for me and most Venezia fans behind the legend, the one, true Pippo-gol, Pippo Maniero.

Done.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd
Welcome to Manchester United, @EricBailly24! #BaillyIsRed

CkbZoShUUAEq7RT.jpg

Koeman next Everton manager.....

Up the Toffees!

Somehow missed this until today. Welcome Ronnie!

Now's it time to let Big Rom go for gobs of money, cry about it and then use that cash to revitalize the team. The first thing we need is some firepower up front and on the wings. Hold on to Stones and Barkley. Get a legit keeper. Does Begovic want out of Chelsea? Maybe sign my dude Horvath from Molde?

Sell Mirallas and McCarthy and get rid off most of our middling squad players (McGeady, Stevie P, Gibbo, Baby Oviedo, Kone) so that the youth movement can begin. Excited to see Garbutt and Galloway get some run this year, in addition to Browning getting a real chance to contend for backup CB/RB PT. I'm also looking forward to the likes of Davies, Dowell, Ledson, Holgate, Walsh and Foulds getting a little time next season.

Everton's U21s aren't good enough for that many to break in over the course of just 1 season

Somehow missed this until today. Welcome Ronnie!

Now's it time to let Big Rom go for gobs of money, cry about it and then use that cash to revitalize the team. The first thing we need is some firepower up front and on the wings. Hold on to Stones and Barkley. Get a legit keeper. Does Begovic want out of Chelsea? Maybe sign my dude Horvath from Molde?

Sell Mirallas and McCarthy and get rid off most of our middling squad players (McGeady, Stevie P, Gibbo, Baby Oviedo, Kone) so that the youth movement can begin. Excited to see Garbutt and Galloway get some run this year, in addition to Browning getting a real chance to contend for backup CB/RB PT. I'm also looking forward to the likes of Davies, Dowell, Ledson, Holgate, Walsh and Foulds getting a little time next season.

Gibson signed a two year extension as you were writing your post, Brasky.

McGeady is untouchable because he's on the worst contract in the PL. He and Frank Lampard should vacation together.

Pienaar is actually out of contract at the end of the month, I think?

Manchester United have confirmed midfielder Michael Carrick has signed a one-year contract extension. His new deal expires in June 2017.

Carrick said: "This great club has been a part of my life for the past 10 years, so I am delighted that this incredible journey is continuing. It’s great to have the opportunity to work under Jose Mourinho, who has achieved so much during his managerial career.

"I would like to thank the fans for their unwavering support. Winning the FA Cup was a special moment and, hopefully, we can go on to win more trophies in the future."

Jose Mourinho added: "Michael is a very intelligent midfielder and a great reader of the game. I am pleased that he will be extending his contract. His form this year shows his ability and his enjoyment of the game are as strong as ever.

"Michael has a wealth of experience from his many years at the club and that knowledge will be invaluable to me. I am really looking forward to working with him."

Yeah, Pjanic is great. He put in a transfer request and waived his percentage of the fee, so he really really wants Juve, though.

Emery officially out at Sevilla and will be replaced by Sampaoli. Great addition to La Liga.

Laporte has turned down Man City and Pep and has signed a new contract at Bilbao instead

ZLATAN! has apparently agreed to terms with Man United and will be official after Euro 2016.

LFC look set to sell 31 yo Martin Skrtel for 7 million Euros to Fenerbahce. Not a bad piece of business for the out of favor CB. He's behind Matip, Sakho, Lovren and possibly Gomez.

Back