• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour Championship

qcdeac

Le tits now
Reaction score
Weather may be dicey today and tomorrow, but looks nice for the weekend.
Haas is currently #25 and Simpson is currently #1 in the FedEx Cup standings. A lot of money can be made this weekend.

Leaderboard

1st round tee times
East Lake GC Tee #1

11:35 am Van Pelt, Bo Jacobson, Fredrik
11:45 am Yang, Y.E. Baddeley, Aaron
11:55 am Howell III, Charles Haas, Bill
12:05 pm Ogilvy, Geoff Singh, Vijay
12:15 pm Dufner, Jason Mahan, Hunter
12:25 pm Bradley, Keegan Scott, Adam
12:35 pm Watson, Bubba Byrd, Jonathan
12:45 pm Toms, David Wilson, Mark
12:55 pm Mickelson, Phil Choi, K.J.
1:05 pm Stricker, Steve Woodland, Gary
1:15 pm Day, Jason Senden, John
1:25 pm Reavie, Chez Watney, Nick
1:35 pm Snedeker, Brandt Kuchar, Matt
1:45 pm Donald, Luke Rose, Justin
1:55 pm Johnson, Dustin Simpson, Webb

Just "named" my link for the 1st time on any board. I am so proud of myself. :D

This is the final event correct? Winner of the FedEx Cup pulls in a $10 million bonus on top of all of the earnings from the year. That is unreal.

It would be pretty funny, if after a lackluster year, fat Phil won the whole thing. I think I'll pull for him this week.

Haas cost himself some $ on the back nine last week as well as a Pres Cup spot. Would be nice to see him play well to give Couples something to think about for the last Captain's pick, although he probably has to win to get it IMO. Despite Jay being an Assist. Captn.

Last edited:
Yes, it's the last event. When the FedEx Cup started the $10 mil was paid out over some insanely long time period. Think they may have changed that after some player bitching. Everybody in this tournament that plays every round gets at least 300 grand and some other big perks (exemptions to 3 majors, etc.), so just qualifying is a big deal. Admit to not paying much attention to this in the past because this week is primarily a money grab, but I think it's the 1st time we have ever had any Deacons in the event too, so I am looking forward to it.

I believe that if Webb finishes 16th or better he wins the Fed EX championship...is that correct?

I don't think so. I think there are a few golfers who control their own destiny here. Rose, Donald and maybe DJ.

I think if anyone in the top 5 wins, then they win the whole thing. Or at least that's what I've been told.

Brief story on Bill. Sounds like Freddie may have told the 3 PC contenders that this is their playoff.

http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2011/09/21/haas-puts-78-behind-him-ready-to-go/

Haas puts BMW finish behind him
By Helen Ross, PGATOUR.COM

ATLANTA, Ga. — Bill Haas knows he picked a bad time to shoot his highest round of the season.

Haas has put that 78 he shot on Sunday at the BMW Championship behind him, though. He’s ready for another shot, and he’s pleased that he earned his way to the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola despite the disappointing finish at Cog Hill.

"That’s not the first time I’ve shot 78 on Sunday and it won’t be the last, unfortunately," Haas said. "Everybody starts at even this week and I can still win a golf tournament. I feel like I was doing enough good things last week that I can rely on that I am actually hitting it okay and it wasn’t the end of the world to shoot 42 on the back nine."

That 42 stung, of course. And Haas took a big tumble down the leaderboard, as a result, finishing in a tie for 16th after starting the day sharing third, five strokes behind the eventual champion Justin Rose.

Lots was at stake that Sunday, too. A possible third career win, as well as the spot in the TOUR Championship after missing by seven points a year ago. Not to mention, the chance to claim one of the automatic berths on the U.S. Presidents Cup team after starting the week ranked 12th.

"When I got done and actually thought about it I realized that even when it was going so bad it definitely could have been better than it was, just from maybe a lack of concentration or just a lack of focus or whatever it was," Haas said.

"Obviously you had so much going all week. The putter all of a sudden felt bad and I didn’t feel comfortable over certain wind shots. That’s probably because mentally I wasn’t comfortable and unfortunately it affects you a lot in this game, and that’s something I’ve got to get better at."

And the Presidents Cup is a factor again this week. U.S. Captain Fred Couples makes his pick on Tuesday night, and Haas, Brandt Snedeker and Keegan Bradley appear to be foremost on his mind.

"I know basically what it comes down to," Haas said. "If Keegan or Brandt or myself top-three this week, that person is probably going to get picked. It is what it is. …

"I think I’ve earned the reason to be up there. I think I’ve played well enough for two years to have the shot at it. So you’ve got to say that’s the positive and the negative is I didn’t make it (last week) and it comes down to this. But I could be not in the mix. I could easily be 20th on the points list and not even be a factor. …

"It’s nice to be in the mix for it and have a shot for it."

Webb could pretty much retire after a sweet 3 year career if he wins.

Webb birdied #1...I guess he is not too nervous yet.

I think that my earlier comment was based on misreading/skimming an article regarding what would be required for Geoff Ogilvy to win.

I would not be surprised at all to see Webb come out and win this thing by 3-4 shots. His confidence/game is phenomenal right now.

I am heading to E Lake Saturday. Will be my first golf tourney. Pretty excited.

Interesting tournament to have as your 1st. Not sure if a tournament with only 30 golfers playing would be awesome or suck.

FYI...coverage is on ESPN3 for those at work. Not sure what type of coverage it is though.

Interesting tournament to have as your 1st. Not sure if a tournament with only 30 golfers playing would be awesome or suck.

With it being these 30 golfers, I think it would be awesome. You never have to wait at a hole to watch all of the rando's move through.

Back