• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Troops to central Africa

Who is the U.S. military commander for Central Africa advising the president?

vp_portrait_hi-res.jpg

I'm interested...as long as it somehow involves the destruction of White Heart Lane.

Spurs' stadium? I am very confused right now.

Or is this a play on words? If so...very well done.

reallly? isn't the control room for drones in Arizona or some shit? can't we just rent a hangar at the airport? i mean the gov already gave us permission for our troops to tromp around

Drones are already controversial, and we'd have to get approval from each country over which they would fly.

I don't want to say too much more, but you and others should just trust me when I say I know more about this than you do.

And to take the simplest solution possible...Obama says these will be advisors...pretty tough for drones to advise.

Drones are already controversial, and we'd have to get approval from each country over which they would fly.

I don't want to say too much more, but you and others should just trust me when I say I know more about this than you do.

And to take the simplest solution possible...Obama says these will be advisors...pretty tough for drones to advise.

Hey I never doubted you. Just frustrating to send more troops abroad. "officially" of course

Hey I never doubted you. Just frustrating to send more troops abroad. "officially" of course

I agree.

I don't know how equipped these people are gonna be...i.e. just body armor or are they going to have uparmored Humvees, are they staying in guarded hotels or setting up a camp somewhere, etc. but I know it's never cheap if you have to pay a country to use their airfield like for instance we do at Manas.

Some of the countries around there aren't huge fans of ours, so it would be a battle to get clearance from them. It would be controversial to even use drones in such an operation, I imagine.

Then you have fuel and maintenance costs from transiting from wherever they're taking off/landing, there have to be people on the ground to service the craft there, communications links installed of the quality required, etc.

Nah, we save the real bombs for Manchester.

I thought the play on words might be because the AFRICOM commander is Gen. Carter Ham. (West) Ham blowing up White Hart Lane seemed to fit.

I thought the play on words might be because the AFRICOM commander is Gen. Carter Ham. (West) Ham blowing up White Hart Lane seemed to fit.

I'm smart, not that smart.

rj and bkf must not have internet connections this weekend

African News sources reported this little tidbit about Uganda in May 2010:

Foreign firms are rushing to get hold of mineral deposits as prices continue to rise due to economic recovery.

Firms from China, India, Australia and South Africa have shown interest in exploring and producing the minerals.

"We have really attracted significant investors both abroad and local ones. They are all doing well," Joshua Tuhumwire, the commissioner in charge of geology department in the ministry of mineral development, said.

The revelations come shortly after an aerial survey report confirmed that Uganda is endowed with copper, iron ore, cobalt, tin, gold as well as platinum.

There is anticipation for Foreign Direct Investment in the mineral exploration sector in the Great Lakes region as China looks for raw materials to oil its growing economy.

China's entry into Africa is seen as catalyst for renewed interest in Africa by the European Union and US to undermine China's emerging influence due its non-political interference policy on investments in Africa and the potential for monopoly access to energy and mineral resources.

China is not alone in searching for mineral supply. Already the Russians have installed a 1.5m gold refinery in Kampala to process gold within Uganda as well as from the region.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005210248.html

African News sources reported this little tidbit about Uganda in May 2010:

Foreign firms are rushing to get hold of mineral deposits as prices continue to rise due to economic recovery.

Firms from China, India, Australia and South Africa have shown interest in exploring and producing the minerals.

"We have really attracted significant investors both abroad and local ones. They are all doing well," Joshua Tuhumwire, the commissioner in charge of geology department in the ministry of mineral development, said.

The revelations come shortly after an aerial survey report confirmed that Uganda is endowed with copper, iron ore, cobalt, tin, gold as well as platinum.

There is anticipation for Foreign Direct Investment in the mineral exploration sector in the Great Lakes region as China looks for raw materials to oil its growing economy.

China's entry into Africa is seen as catalyst for renewed interest in Africa by the European Union and US to undermine China's emerging influence due its non-political interference policy on investments in Africa and the potential for monopoly access to energy and mineral resources.

China is not alone in searching for mineral supply. Already the Russians have installed a 1.5m gold refinery in Kampala to process gold within Uganda as well as from the region.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005210248.html

:eek:

Back