• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

Did anyone ever figure out how George Soros became the master puppeteer behind all of these alleged conspiracies? Such a weird person to fixate on.

Did anyone ever figure out how George Soros became the master puppeteer behind all of these alleged conspiracies? Such a weird person to fixate on.
Yeah. George Soros is everything to the right and meaningless to the left. I've only talked to conservatives who mention Soros. I don't think I've even seen anybody online mention Soros except conservatives.

he is extremely rich and Jewish and visible

he is extremely rich and Jewish and visible
Visible to who? I only hear about him from conservative media and politicians. There are plenty of Jewish people who are rich and more visible than Soros. Why does he get name-checked and the others are grouped into "Hollywood elites" or "New Yorkers?"

do they fund causes like Soros?
Probably. But there's my point. How do you know Soros funds causes except hearing from conservative media?

Yeah it’s like how the FTX group poured a ton of money into political parties but nobody knew or cared until the collapse and arrest. The only reason anyone knows Soros is because it’s reported on all the fucking time by the right.

i guess the news cycle broke me because I don't really care about this all that much. every news outlet is just blasting with #thinkpieces and i'd rather talk about pizza hut

Probably. But there's my point. How do you know Soros funds causes except hearing from conservative media?
I think that's part of the point. His visibility in conservative circles coincides with glenn beck's heyday during the Obama administration when he "exposed" hidden systems on his little chalkboard. Soros isn't particularly visible or public, so he fits neatly into the hidden Jewish cabal trope.

i guess the news cycle broke me because I don't really care about this all that much. every news outlet is just blasting with #thinkpieces and i'd rather talk about pizza hut
I feel like the election stuff has been in the news ever since he lost and then the classified docs stuff came out. But then no one had discussed Stormy Daniels since like 2017 until a month or so ago so it’s like oh you’re still on that? He’s done much worse shit since then.

News media is significantly, but not only, self serving.

I've seen countless stories in the last two weeks about the Paltrow ski collision suit/countersuit. And multiple media sites offering live coverage. And then on the heels of its conclusion...the odd/obligatory story about how the public is obsessed with her. Figure that.

I guess my question was more in general. you're indicted on something, facing charges, and your lawyer is just like how about no? isn't that the whole purpose of the trial?
It's highly unlikely. The DA will have done their homework on drafting the indictment and getting ducks in a row, particularly given the implications here. I realize this is state, not feds, and that is significant. But it's the Manhattan DA, not podunk DA. Fed indictments result in a conviction or plea like 95% of the time.

I know the actual charges are under wraps but if it is what people think, what consequences could he face?

If just the hush money thing wrongly characterized, I'd speculate a fine and suspended sentence...???

But it may be more than that he's charged with...?

#notalawyer

I just hope it’s the Rocky 4, he’s cut, you hurt him, he’s not a machine moment where everyone else realizes go ahead indicted the fat fuck like you would any other person on the planet.

If just the hush money thing wrongly characterized, I'd speculate a fine and suspended sentence...???

But it may be more than that he's charged with...?

#notalawyer
Could be an OJ / Al Capone situation where he gets the maximum possible sentence for a small crime because everybody knows he's guilty of a much bigger one

Back