• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

Republicans have been staunchly loyal to their presidents. When Nixon said, “I am not a crook,” Republicans believed him. The only time a critical mass bailed on a president was after the first Bush went back on “Read my lips. No new taxes.” That’s it.

Priorities.

so does he just use campaign funds for this specific legal defense since it was a "campaign" issue from the past? Is that legal? If it's not, I guess it doesn't matter although maybe it'll get another campaign violation. or is the GOP still paying his legal bills?

how often are motions to dismiss upheld? lotta talk that Trump's lawyers will immediately file one.

I just can’t white put my finger on the distinction.
When we indict a former President for myriad counts of blatant corruption and fraud, that’s a political hit job. When we design a carceral system that disproportionately disenfranchises millions of Black Americans for crimes of poverty, nope - nothing political about that.

When we indict a former President for myriad counts of blatant corruption and fraud, that’s a political hit job. When we design a carceral system that disproportionately disenfranchises millions of Black Americans for crimes of poverty, nope - nothing political about that.
do those Black Americans get to pick when they're arrested?

I was reading something yesterday that this is bullshit because the Secret Service is trained to act quickly to move someone if need be, so they could coordinate on the dime if people were coming to arrest him.

like if Trump actually did shoot someone on Fifth Avenue would he be arrested instantly or would it take a coordinated effort planned in advance?

State charges aren’t going to the Supreme Court.
But what if Florida fails to extradite him to New York ignoring the Full Faith and Credit Clause? Trump is playing 4-D chess.

images

But what if Florida fails to extradite him to New York ignoring the Full Faith and Credit Clause? Trump is playing 4-D chess.

images
Pretty sure that rhetoric from meatball is about two things. The obvious is playing the part for the cult base. The second is likely extortion for trump support.

I was reading something yesterday that this is bullshit because the Secret Service is trained to act quickly to move someone if need be, so they could coordinate on the dime if people were coming to arrest him.

like if Trump actually did shoot someone on Fifth Avenue would he be arrested instantly or would it take a coordinated effort planned in advance?

I think there is a bit more to this one because of the potential for an incredible horde of people who will try to show up and witness/protest/report etc...

It also wouldn't shock me if this discussion of coordinating for next week is a smokescreen to sneak him in on Monday for example with minimal surrounding distractions.

I think there is a bit more to this one because of the potential for an incredible horde of people who will try to show up and witness/protest/report etc...

It also wouldn't shock me if this discussion of coordinating for next week is a smokescreen to sneak him in on Monday for example with minimal surrounding distractions.
But Trump wants the horde. I'd be shocked if they negotiated a quiet peaceful process with no leaks.

how often are motions to dismiss upheld? lotta talk that Trump's lawyers will immediately file one.

Considering it’s Manhattan judges and it’s going in front of the judge that just handled the trump business fraud case, extremely low it seems.

Considering it’s Manhattan judges and it’s going in front of the judge that just handled the trump business fraud case, extremely low it seems.
I guess my question was more in general. you're indicted on something, facing charges, and your lawyer is just like how about no? isn't that the whole purpose of the trial?

Back