• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

I'm not denying that. And I'm not saying all, or even most, Mexican immigrants are like this. But their presence weakens the bargaining power of native born workers. That cannot be denied and is a big part of why business owners favor increased immigration.

The presence of anybody who isn't American weakens the bargaining power of Americans in a global economy.

i'm still made the migrant african workers didn't assimilate as much as they should have

I've heard estimates of 5000 anarchists in the metro Bay Area (7 Million total). Despite small numbers, they fuck up all kinds of otherwise peaceful protests in the Bay Area by rioting and looting. W came to the Bay Area more than a dozen times to fundraise as POTUS and never made any public appearances because he didn't want any protests.

The Trump appearance was in Costa Mesa (next door to RJ land), which isn't as conservative as it used to be but isn't Oakland or Berkeley either. If people are rioting in coastal Orange County, Trump might want to hold a few rallies in the Bay Area. Would be a mess if a Trump supporter harmed a protestor inside the rally, but out of control anarchists rioting outside helps Trump nationwide.

Rube, how about what anarchists did to Seattle? I can't remember Mexicans rioting like that.

RE: Last night- Trump talking about it being a total sellout and turning people away is another Trump lie. The local news each said there were plenty of tickets available.

OC has changed. Costa Mesa is less GOP than say HB, Newport or Laguna, but it's still at least 65-70% Republican. Hell, in HB, left turn signals are disabled on election day.

Something you have to know, the Fairgrounds are sort of an island of their own. It's a huge space. If you want to go there to protest, you have want to drive and be in traffic of the event.Public transportation is weak and not that many people can simply walk or bike there. It ain't like getting on the subway in NYC to join a protest or jumping on BART in SF. You have to make an effort to get there.

If there is a loud protest in OC against a GOP candidate, that guy is in trouble nationally.

ChLtWRyU0AA5wYu.jpg

33A3A36000000578-3565010-Police_in_riot_gear_form_a_line_to_break_up_a_group_of_protester-a-124_1461908302297.jpg

33A3AA5700000578-3565010-image-a-133_1461909375269.jpg

33A38C7E00000578-3565010-image-a-136_1461909412081.jpg

33A3C55000000578-3565010-image-a-167_1461910833201.jpg

33A38DFA00000578-3565010-image-a-162_1461910609229.jpg

33A3ACF800000578-3565010-image-a-150_1461909949038.jpg

there is so much hate in the world and it isn't coming from the angry white conservatives that all liberals seem to love to claim.

The presence of anybody who isn't American weakens the bargaining power of Americans in a global economy.

The presence IN THIS COUNTRY most definitely does- but not necessarily if the person is in another country. And the implication by the defenders of the current system is that the "global economy" is like a force of nature, when the reality is these neo-liberal trade agreements tend to be largely written by lobbyists for the benefit of big business and are designed to primarily benefit those at the top. There is something to be said for the notion of "fair trade", not "free trade".

Trump's whole plan is amazing when you think about it:

1. Make racist statements/policy views.
2. Repeat them over and over again.
3. When the people he makes the racist statements against get angry, you say "see, these people are who we thought they were".
4. Trump gets more votes from people who say "oh damn he was right."
5. Rinse and Repeat
6. Profit

It's really a great idea by Trump. Sad most of his voters just play into what he wants to confirm their own biases against people that they have never met nor associated with.

YOU MUST BE TOLERANT OF OUR INTOLERANCE!

The presence IN THIS COUNTRY most definitely does- but not necessarily if the person is in another country. And the implication by the defenders of the current system is that the "global economy" is like a force of nature, when the reality is these neo-liberal trade agreements tend to be largely written by lobbyists for the benefit of big business and are designed to primarily benefit those at the top. There is something to be said for the notion of "fair trade", not "free trade".

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. I seriously doubt many (if any) of those showing the BS in your posts are "defenders of the current system" when it comes to immigration. The W/Kennedy/McCain comprehensive immigration bill would have eliminated almost of all of the problems.

If that had been passed, there wouldn't be a Trump and you supporting his hate speech with your own ignorant hate of Mexicans.

Who's talking about trade? I'm talking about jobs and wages.

I will give bsf4l credit. He is full bore protectionist. With both jobs here and there.

While I disagree with his position, it is logically consistent.

About that Clinton landslide......

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...2016/questions_clinton_trump_april_25_26_2016

Rasmussen isn't seeing it right now. Admittedly, this seem like an outlier....but RCP's latest average of all polls already has Hillary's lead down to 7.3%. And the Republicans haven't even started their unification efforts yet.

I understand the demographics argument...but there are a lot of other things going on right now that have the potential to mitigate much of Hillary's demographic advantage. Bottom line: This election is going to be a hell of a lot closer that many of you seem to think it is going to be.

Rube, how about what anarchists did to Seattle? I can't remember Mexicans rioting like that.

RE: Last night- Trump talking about it being a total sellout and turning people away is another Trump lie. The local news each said there were plenty of tickets available.

OC has changed. Costa Mesa is less GOP than say HB, Newport or Laguna, but it's still at least 65-70% Republican. Hell, in HB, left turn signals are disabled on election day.

Something you have to know, the Fairgrounds are sort of an island of their own. It's a huge space. If you want to go there to protest, you have want to drive and be in traffic of the event.Public transportation is weak and not that many people can simply walk or bike there. It ain't like getting on the subway in NYC to join a protest or jumping on BART in SF. You have to make an effort to get there.

If there is a loud protest in OC against a GOP candidate, that guy is in trouble nationally.

Trump needs to pick his poison. Has zero chance of winning CA, but rioting anarchists helps him nationally. That being said, trashing Mexicans even in OC dooms him in Western swing states. There were more than a few anarchists in Ferguson and Trump has much better chances in MO than CA, WA, or IL. Whole thing explodes on Trump if another crusty old bastard cold cocks a protestor, threatens to kill him, and Trump pledges to pay the guy's legal fees.

Back